No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics it is,sorry I did not take before pics, but you all know the dash lay out and bumble bee ass

Attached Files
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• put a new clutch cable on it and then adjusted the chain..

only to realize the tire size was wrong... hmm 18" tire? that's not right wait WTF my rim says Yamaha...

The last owner put a freaking FZR wheel on my bike.... sigh... at least it lines up well.

Comment

• ??? What would the point of that be? At least you know ahead of buying your next tire.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          ??? What would the point of that be? At least you know ahead of buying your next tire.

I have no idea.. i'm guessing he may have bent a rim and then just swapped the FZR wheel on it? It seems to have a stock katana cush drive on it and sprocket.

I'll have to take the wheel off completely to further investigate. I will probably end up selling the FZR wheel and get a Kat wheel that way I know the rake and geometry is right.

Comment

• Yesterday... had the day off, realized I've been playing around with the new DR650... and not had the kat out at all.

So... both mine and the wife's Kats got pulled out one at a time, tires and such checked, and off for a bit of riding. Filled up the tanks with fresh fuel, and put back in the garage.

Was a pretty day and nice ride though a tad cool.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Valve adjustment and carb sync. Was a bit overdue...Got my new engine (to me) starting its journey across the country.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Went riding, rolled over 14k miles, realized I probably have some maintenance due... Checked the manual, and sure enough, I do. Now on here to open a thread about a question with that...

Comment

• Only adjusted the air screws to be more lean. Did not even try to start it because of the miserable weather here. 32F, dew point 32F, 100% humidity, raining.

Comment

• Removed the engine and cleaned a ton of hardware. Tried a tumbler I picked up at HF with green triangular abrasive and it worked great. Anyone ever use a tumbler with media to clean carb parts? If the temperature is tolerable, the forks and front end come off this week-end and next weekend the swingarm assembly. Excited to have the frame stripped, zinc chromate, and painted!

Comment

• For cleaning the pilot circut you'd have to have some really small media. A blast cabinet can work (pretty sure that's what arsenic uses), but not sure if a tumbler would.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Waiting on parts, that's what I did today.
                        1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
                        2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
                        2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
                        1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• Surprisingly warm weather today, so I went out to cold storage to work on the Kat. Installed some taplights in the work area and tossed one of those pocket multi-meters into the little bag that I keep in the tiny storage compartment on the bike.

Went to pull the air filter to clean it for the first time and ran into an issue. This bike appears to have been modified. There's a K&N sticker and the filter looks like a K&N automotive cone filter... There's a large rubber donut just floating around loose inside the filter too. I don't really see how this filter *does* anything. The "inside" is just exposed to the air under the seat. I don't see where the "outside" actually attaches to anything (but I didn't pull the tank yet to get a good look). Are they normally used backwards for motorcycles? Very odd. Anyone got pics they can share for what the air filter setup is *supposed* to look like on a '94 600?

Comment

• Is the airbox in place? If it is you have some work/inspections to do. Like first get an OEM filter then check the jetting. It will run better closer to stock setup.

***Ordered 80watt H4 LED bulbs for the gixxer headlight.***
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-30-2016, 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                              Surprisingly warm weather today, so I went out to cold storage to work on the Kat. Installed some taplights in the work area and tossed one of those pocket multi-meters into the little bag that I keep in the tiny storage compartment on the bike.

Went to pull the air filter to clean it for the first time and ran into an issue. This bike appears to have been modified. There's a K&N sticker and the filter looks like a K&N automotive cone filter... There's a large rubber donut just floating around loose inside the filter too. I don't really see how this filter *does* anything. The "inside" is just exposed to the air under the seat. I don't see where the "outside" actually attaches to anything (but I didn't pull the tank yet to get a good look). Are they normally used backwards for motorcycles? Very odd. Anyone got pics they can share for what the air filter setup is *supposed* to look like on a '94 600?
                              The doughnut is supposed to be in the "intake" part, to choke it down and Les less air through. Because it makes the bikenrun way too lean. That's how you k ow you've got a well engineered product on your hands...
                              Can you post a pic of what you've got? Might make more sense. The filter element is supposed to be inside the airbox, and attaches at the rear (4 screws)
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• +1 and I'm biased.... I wouldn't even put a K&N in a lawn mower.
                                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran
                                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                                X