What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Signals finally put on.

Comment

• Drove her to work and admired her standing outside the window waiting for the ride home

Comment

• looked at the front end I installed.. checking off the things to on the checklist..Sat on it. covered it back up.
        93 Kat 750
        02 RAM 1500
        04 BMW X3
        ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

• Originally posted by Suture View Post
          waiting for the ride home
          That is the hardest thing to do (wait for quiting time)

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

• brakes and mot test

I've just put my bike through the mot over here in the uk. I didn't want to do too much first until I had had the test in case it showed up anything I didn't know about. I was confident in the bike as I'd had a good look round.

The only thing I did was strip the front brakes down. I didn't think they were as good as they could be but ok. Once they were off I found a piston on each side was very sticky, I couldn't really say seized cos there was some movement but creating uneven force on the pads. When I had worked them free and replaced the old pads with new, braking performance is much improved. I have braided lines too, but a hard pull on the lever stops as firmly as I dare on dry roads. Great.

Bike passed and didn't need anything at all. It's a fine machine.

Comment

• I've got my recently acquired '93 750 torn down for a carburetor cleaning. It had a hodge podge of mis-matched fasteners holding all of the body work on, that drives me nuts.
              1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
              2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
              2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
              1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• I bet you remedy that in no time.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• Put in new spark plugs tonight... Waiting on the mess of new o-rings and diaphragms that I ordered for the carbs...
                  1993 Suzuki 750 Katana
                  2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650
                  2012 Ski Doo Summit SP 800 ETEC
                  1958 Cessna 182 Skylane

Comment

• Rode it. Decided to be a PITA to start this morning, but then started fine at my other stops.

Was dismayed to see the fork seals leaking so much again. Guess I'm headed for another overhaul. This time I think I'll replace the "shiny" tubes too. They *looked* OK and I did the plastic bag trick, but I guess they must have damaged the seals during install. What a dumb design though to have to slide the seals down the exposed to weather part instead of up the oiled/protected part.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                      Rode it. Decided to be a PITA to start this morning, but then started fine at my other stops.

Was dismayed to see the fork seals leaking so much again. Guess I'm headed for another overhaul. This time I think I'll replace the "shiny" tubes too. They *looked* OK and I did the plastic bag trick, but I guess they must have damaged the seals during install. What a dumb design though to have to slide the seals down the exposed to weather part instead of up the oiled/protected part.
                      Don't remember anymore, did you sand the tubes first? I use 600 grit and follow it up with 1000. Haven't had an issue yet. Also, you can lube the tubes first so things slide easier.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Rode into work this morning. Brisk at 59F! even with my jacket liner.

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                          Don't remember anymore, did you sand the tubes first? I use 600 grit and follow it up with 1000. Haven't had an issue yet. Also, you can lube the tubes first so things slide easier.
                          Yeah, my final was with 800, maybe I'll try 1000 next time. I did lightly lube with oil. Maybe there's something else wrong too. Not sure what though. It's only got 13k miles, should have been an easy job.

Might have to top them off soon before I get a chance to rebuild again... Both of my cars broke down in the last few days. My Kat is now my daily driver...

Comment

• Sold the Kat over the weekend.

She'll be missed, but not forgotten. Possibility to have an "antique" Kat in the future (because of stoopid licensing prices)? I think so

EDIT: Big thanks for all the help/info the users on this forum provided me with. Without your help, I wouldn't have had such a nice bike for the past 3 years.
                            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                            - Aaron

Comment

• Changed the oil on my new to me Kat!

Comment

• Rode farther than I have before. About 130 miles round trip.
                                Let me tell you what, that stock seat SUCKS. My ass was numb after about an hour. Also is there anything I can do to help with the vibrations on the handlebars? Felt like I was holding a DA sander for hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X