Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photos of yesterday and today.
    Attached Files

Comment

• took the baffling out of my muffler and will be getting oil cooler lines soon

Comment

• Had a hi beam connection come loose at the rocker switch last week, soldered that back together. While riding after the connection broke, I was using the hi beam flasher which still worked (03-06 posts come with it) although apparently I held it down too long and started melting things a bit. Fixed that too. Also installed a bar end to replace the one that fell off a month after I bought the bike. 71k miles without it, so I didn't really need it, but got it for cheap from fellow member.
        Wanted to work on the 1100...no dice. Pain in the ass not being able to keep that at my place and have to travel to work on it...
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Oil change done. Chain cleaned and lubed. Checked the brake pads and found the rears almost totally shot. Fronts not much worse than last year (but they were fairly thin then). Will be headed to the LBS on my way home from work one of these nights to pick up some fresh pads all the way around.

Got it started too. Love that LiFePo battery, left it unattended all Winter, but it cranks like I just rode it yesterday! Primed for 30 seconds, then it took 3 tries before starting. Came up on 2 cylinders for about 20 seconds, then 2 more cylinders joined in the fun. Not bad for sitting all Winter. Last year it was MUCH harder to bring out of hibernation.

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
            I would guess that changing the exhaust gaskets that often would help against broken exhaust studs.
            Hey 92, have you ever had problems with the studs when you change them that often?
            Nope, antisieze is my friend. I'll check them when it passes my mind, I will pull them one at a time and snot them up.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• 100 mile ride with lunch stop in the beautiful Colorado Mountains. Mid to upper 70's today. Broke out the Olympia mesh airflow pants for this one!
              Got home and did an oil change.

Comment

• I took a ride around Ohio today up hwy 42 through Lebanon to Xenia hit hwy 35 through Dayton to Eaton hit hwy 127 to Hamilton and hwy 129 back home. About 160 miles.
                To many Goddamn LAWS!! Just Ride!

Comment

• Get the Kat ready to ride again, been way to long. So we pulled the Carbs off, broke them down an cleaned them up. Put them back together and synced them back up so she'll be ready to ride. New battery installed. Broke down the front brake assembly and cleaned them up. We noticed the Clutch Cable was going bad, so I've pulled that an ordered a replacement. Just waiting on that to come in, we'll bleed the front brakes and then I'll need to get all the fairings back on and start riding again. Been a busy day today.
                  Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
                  Katana

Comment

• I was going to take mine out for a test ride yesterday, after various problems sorting, but we are in the middle of a 'Siberian blast' of cold air from north eastern Europe, so decided against it as temperatures are barely above 0 degrees.
                    But I wouldn't swap it for your 'mid to upper 70s' in Colorado!! (If only)
                    Last edited by carbman; 03-16-2015, 03:01 AM. Reason: insert word due to time difference

Comment

• Originally posted by carbman View Post
                      I was going to take mine out for a test ride yesterday, after various problems sorting, but we are in the middle of a 'Siberian blast' of cold air from north eastern Europe, so decided against it as temperatures are barely above 0 degrees.
                      But I wouldn't swap it for your 'mid to upper 70s' in Colorado!! (If only)
                      I made a mistake, it actually hit the low 80's. LOL!

Comment

• Trade you temps....... Bouncing around a hundred. Summer is coming too early.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                          Trade you temps....... Bouncing around a hundred. Summer is coming too early.
                          Heard it was hitting in the 90's in the SF Bay area! That's NUTS! Could get bad if it keeps up. Cali is always a tender box even when it stays normal temps. When I lived in southern cali I used a kevlar suit that I could poor cool water down. I remember running through torrential rain out in the desert and being dry in less than an hour.

Comment

• Rain, what rain!!! the next fire is not going to go well with no water, low lake levels.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

• I got the guts out of the first fork and wiped down. I have a game plan now thanks to some advice in the chat box yesterday. Taking the first damper to my dad's after work to braze it and drill it. I want to say that I'll have it back together tonight but with it being st patty's day, I think I'm going to get drunk instead.
                              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Got my invoice from Tmod for the 750 shock he just finishing building.

Can't wait to get that sucker in my hands and start installing all my new suspension stuff on my bike
                                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                                - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X