X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phantom552 View Post
    That explains why the ones on my 750 look odd compared to the ones on my 600 lol. Someone must've replaced fairing bolts on the 750 with the rubber washerized ones prior to my owning it.... That solves that mystery
    Glad I could help you play detective
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Comment

• Update:
      Got the fairing bolt kit in and the "instructions" are a joke.
      I got all my plastics back on and I still have half a bag of hardware that I cannot figure out where they go.

Overall im happy I got my plastics on with a uniform bolt set but im sad at the lack of information from calibikerclub's kit that I got.

Comment

• I ordered a bolt kit for my pre. It was literally 4 ziplock bags with a couple different bolt sizes and plastic washers, each bag numbered 1-4 with a permanent marker. No instructions, just a zip full of zip locks. Shit costed me $45.00. I was kinda pissed. I will be replacing all my bolts after the paint job. I intend on going to the local bolt and screw warehouse and compiling my own for MAYBE $10 worth of hardware.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Got a nice ride in despite the cold. I didn't dress quite warm enough though. Last time it was 37F out, it was also sunny, so I just substituted a heavier jacket into my normal riding gear and it was fine. This time though it was cloudy and I wore the same gear as that previously mentioned time... Big mistake. After 15 minutes on the expressway my legs were stinging and I lost feeling in the outside 2 fingers on both hands. Got back onto 50mph and slower roads and warmed up again. Surprising how much a difference a few clouds make.

Was able to experience a construction zone with seriously torn up roads too. Hit a massively built-up manhole cover too. I don't think the bike left the ground, but it was a monster impact even though I'd slowed down some for it. I was slowing down, but traction was very limited, so I hit it faster than I wanted to. Grabbed the clutch at impact and hit the obstacle square on instead of trying to go around and maybe wiping out on the loose surface. Worked out fine in the end, but the impact made me really rev the engine up for a second until I could get sorted out again on the other side... Good confidence builder for obstacles. Hopefully didn't over-rev the bike (do the '94 600s have a rev limiter?), but nothing I can do about it now anyways...

Comment

• white blinkers

and switched to digital oil temp gauge
            sigpic

Comment

• Got my first ride on wet roads done. Been afraid to do that, but figured I'd better do it at some point... Used great caution. Not entirely sure how one can even decide how fast is acceptable. Basically rode the Kat like I do my bicycles when I'm on ice (minimal leaning, very slow in corner, but fairly normal in straight lines, leaving lots of room to stop).

Most surprising part was how stable it was going over paint stripes and patch strips. My daily beater MR2 gets squirrely on those in the rain, but the Kat gave no sign of threatening behaviour.

Comment

• Swapped out the master cylinder, still need to flush out the brake fluid in the lines, ordered a new valve cover breather hose, and some blue wire loom for the add on electronics i've added. Cleaned the garage and dug out the heater for when it gets colder. pulled the gauge cluster off and apart and got it prepped for sanding and repainting.

The clutch/brake levers I ordered are technically for a post 600 so the clutch lever needed some grinding as it was snapping cables. Im thinking about getting a post clutch perch and new levers and seeing if that fixes my problem.
                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Installed the wire loom on my add on wire harness. Flushed the front and rear master cylinder. The front master cylinder was GROSS as its never been changed before. Now Im in the process of bleeding the front brakes.
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• little behind, but 2 weekends ago, the 600 got a valve adjustment (everything in spec), carb sync, oil/filter change, new plugs and air filter, and a new cam chain tensioner spring. The old spring and new measured the same, but it's been 3 years and 50k miles since I last replaced it, so figured better safe than sorry. Turns out I didn't need to, but I already had the old one out, so in with the new! For $15, I'll take the extra piece of mind.

Today: ordered a 5* advancer from Holeshot

Merry Christmas to me!!
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Nothing but, I need to. Dead line is coming quickly...
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Still just riding periodically. I can't believe I've been able to ride this late in the year. Each time I think about topping the tank and doing seafoam for the Winter, we have another nice day where I can substitute the bike for a car for at least one of my errands.

Got another series of 40-50F days coming up too! My fear is that we'll have a big temperature crash and ice storm immediately after a nice day. Last year I couldn't even get the door open to get at the bike for 3 months after an ice storm coated where I store it... Fortunately I had sufficient warning that time and was able to top the tank and seafoam it (although I wasn't able to run it to get seafoam into the carbs, so it was a little cranky the first couple of times I rode it this year until it got itself cleaned out again).

Comment

• Installed a new trunk. I had a cheap $20 scooter trunk that worked but was not removable, did not fit my helmet and did not close well. The new one can hold two helmets, is easily removed and fits and closes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                            Installed a new trunk. I had a cheap $20 scooter trunk that worked but was not removable, did not fit my helmet and did not close well. The new one can hold two helmets, is easily removed and fits and closes well.
                            nice, you make a custom rack mount, or do you have an off the shelf one?
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Yah I'm curious too. Pics?
                              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                                nice, you make a custom rack mount, or do you have an off the shelf one?
                                I have made one that uses the bolts for the grab bar and the grab bar to hold it. It was bouncy enough that it made people concerned following me. They got used to it and realized after about 5,000 miles that it was not coming off. I did recently add some bolt on pieces to triangulate it to firm it up. I will post some pics soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X