No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275 mile beautiful ride in the Colorado Mountains.

Comment

• Busy day!

Painted gas tank, tail section, installed freshly rebuilt carbs, new plugs, finished LED front turn signal mod, and went on a very chilly ride afterwards
      Attached Files

Comment

• Cleaned and waxed the bike and the chain then took it for a little ride

Comment

• I fitted new throttle cables to bike today, due to one snapping

Comment

• 150 mile ride. Man it was crazy. Traffic jams near treeline on a Friday because construction and people out to see the last weekend of prime fall aspen viewing. 8 hours to do 150 miles. Looking forward to the leaves being off the trees so I can have my Friday roads back to myself and riding friends.

Comment

• I rode it

Comment

• Tried to go with some universal aftermarket mirrors. Major fail.
                "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
                96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

• Clutch cable was starting to stick again, so I lubed it again. I was all happy with myself until I tried to roll the bike back into it's parking spot again just using the clutch (still in gear). Won't budge. Put it in neutral, moves fine. Back in gear, clutch lever in all the way, locked up solid. Dunno what happened, but the clutch no longer disengages. Running out of daylight today, guess I've got myself another weekend project. Was looking forward to trying to ride it work this week sometime too. Oh well...

Comment

• Rode to work then started home took a detour and made it to a big 3 lane rd that runs the back of the city alot of huge sweeping turns tested out my new back tire hit a couple turnspretty quick definitely got the stare down from a old cruiser rider on the opposite side of the road sportbike riders!!!!!!
                    I just wanna ride my bike
                    2001 katana 600

Comment

• Visually sync'ed my carbs.

Possibly testing them out today, possibly tomorrow. FP Jet kit looking good!
                      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                      - Aaron

Comment

• Cleaned the garage out last night to make room for winter maintenance/projects. since the bike was out, I took it out to warm up the tires, hit some twisties then blew out the cobwebs on the eway on my way home.
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• At the recommendation of a web board (Arfcom), I grabbed the bike tonight, fired it up and stomped it firmly into first gear. After a quick lurch, it's behaving perfectly now. Clutch is so much lighter (after lubing the other day) I'm having trouble controlling it in a different way now. No clutch drag apparent at all either. Looks like I just had a supremely bad case of clutch stiction... I also played with the choke differently during the warmup and I think I've mastered my problems with stalling it in the first few miles.

I love this season. It was a beautiful evening for a ride!

Comment

• Put new fuel seals in, rebuilt fuel valve and test rode KatBusa yesterday. Going for a ride today and go from there. Hope she is ready to go after a good 20 miles. It has been so long that KatBusa has seen the road, not her fault, MINE!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Bought a new battery. On charger now.
                              J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

• Sync'ed my carbs this morning after my jet kit install and carb rebuild. Noticed that there was still a slight "ticking" noise that gradually increased with RPM increase... so I decided to dig deeper since the tank and carbs were basically off.

Sure enough... cylinder 1 and 3 didn't have proper valve clearance on either intake or exhaust. Glad I dug in deeper!

List of things done today:
                                1) sync'ed carbs
                                2) tore down head to get at valves for clearance check
                                3) re-clearanced my valves (all 16) and checked my spark plugs (good burns! - the ticking started recently).
                                4) Cleaned up my valve cover as it was super greasy! Took 2 hours to clean it! (glad I fixed my gasket issue long ago, but it left a mess!)
                                5) Mounted everything back on to head + electrical under tank for re-sync of carbs tomorrow.
                                6) Changed out my left-side engine cover + gasket for an OEM one No more previous owner road rash!
                                7) Changed out my clutch and front brake lever for OEM powder-coated jet black ones. DANG THEY LOOK GOOD! Black on black baby
                                Last edited by Aaron-71; 10-12-2014, 11:42 PM.
                                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                                - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X