No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket and chain install finished. Cowling back together and feeling good enough to ride so leading 4 others on a ride tomorrow. Also ordered a new PR4 rear tire.

Comment

• Rode her to work and back, and ran errands, etc. Week #2 on the bike and we've already rode through a haboob, torrential downpour, mud storm, fog, and pretty much every other form of weather AZ can come up with. Lol. 110 degrees in full gear gets a little warm, but totally worth it for the ride

Comment

• Originally posted by TylerDunn View Post
        I hit 100mph. This is my 1st sports-tourer. I'm luvn my Kat!
        I don't know how you guys can do that. I don't even like going over 55mph. I hate getting battered by the wind. Kinda wish they'd lower the expressway speedlimits around here. 65-70mph is downright unpleasant after a few minutes.

Comment

• unpleasant?!! I prefer to go between 60-80, anything less and I feel like I'm crawling!!
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• 175 mile ride today. It felt so smooth with the new chain and sprockets. It is surprises me how much a difference it made. My old chain was way more worn than I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
              unpleasant?!! I prefer to go between 60-80, anything less and I feel like I'm crawling!!
              Im gennerally 80 to 100 I hate doing 60 got cagers passing me. Anyways I took all the front fairings off the tank off and tightend a few bolts on top of the valve cover started getting some blow back and leakage around the top hopefully that fixes it. Cleaned the choke cable seems to be working better and tryed new bulbs and a new fuse for the headlights still only have brights gotta go to my dads and check the switch tonight or tomorrow
              I just wanna ride my bike
              2001 katana 600

Comment

• Learned how to clutchless shift today. Not that ill ever actually need to do that on the street

Comment

• what i did to my kat today...i apreciate some guidence

put a new horn on and now none of the dash lights work...it starts and the headlight works, also can someone help me with where the fuses are, besides the ones by the battery, thank you. its a 2006 kat 750.
                  Last edited by thor; 09-11-2014, 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• That's it, except for the main fuses on the starter relay, check your connections for a pulled wire or plug.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• More confusion with the TDR relays for an HID projector set-up... Trying to order parts for my Kat's HID projector mod but can't figure out which way our bikes are wired up (positively switched or negatively switched).
                      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                      - Aaron

Comment

• Do you have a voltmeter? That seems like a simple test to figure out...

To check negaitve switch, switch the volt meter to continuity test mode. Put one end to the negative wire, the other to the frame. Upon continuity, it should beep. Flip the switch (turn off the bike), if it stops beeping, the switch is on the negative....
                        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                          Do you have a voltmeter? That seems like a simple test to figure out...

To check negaitve switch, switch the volt meter to continuity test mode. Put one end to the negative wire, the other to the frame. Upon continuity, it should beep. Flip the switch (turn off the bike), if it stops beeping, the switch is on the negative....
                          That's actually a neat idea to try. I should give it a whirl when I get home and see what happens, but it would be nice if someone just knew the answer to my question haha.

It's been brought up in many threads before, relating to the HID projector mod, but no one has answered it in all of those threads I read over.

All I'm trying to do is order the correct TDR relay from Wolsten Tech (TDR or TDR-P) so I don't get refiring of the ballast on bike start-up/cranking. I want my projectors, ballasts and bulbs to last as long as humanly possible.
                          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                          - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by REDRUm ALLIk View Post
                            Learned how to clutchless shift today. Not that ill ever actually need to do that on the street
                            My most recent ride, a couple of my shifts nearing home were clutchless due to may clutch hand being totally wiped out. I was in stop/go traffic for so long it blew up my hand. Was really happy to be home! I think it's time to lube that cable again too already, activation force is getting pretty high again.

Comment

• 250 mile ride. Started at 32 degrees and snowing in Denver. Sunny and low 60's with no clouds in the high country. Above tree line in Rocky Mtn National Park then back toward Denver and the mid to upper 30's again. What a day!

Comment

• I laid mine over shes in some.pain
                                I just wanna ride my bike
                                2001 katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X