No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up a gas tank with petcock, rear fender, front master cylinder and lever, and rear caliper dust cover for $38
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• More tweaking of bar risers. After a 1700 mile ride this week I realized that I needed my bars to come back towards me. The bars felt good before my Corbin seat but the Corbin seats you further back and caused me to reach forward more which caused numbing in my thumb and index finger. Another problem was that I ended up sitting toward the front narrower part of the seat and anyone with a Corbin knows that is not a comfy place.
      I picked up some Rox pivoting bar risers that mount into my existing 7/8" clamps. Looks and feels better. I will be testing it out Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
        pics or it didnt happen

tomorow i need to adjust my chain, check on fairings (missing few bolts) checking brakes, tyres, everything...
        sunday my first track day

wish me luck

Comment

• Took mine for some off-road riding today:

Yes, I did ride across it:

Comment

• Beautiful scenery. I live in Colorado so mine gets to see quite a bit of the dirty stuff also.

Comment

• Replaced mismatching Fairing Bolts, and found a solution to the glue left from OEM decals.

Comment

• Finally got a stock airbox and replaced those stupid K&N's.. You can see I still have a lot of work to do with what the previous owner gave me. I also ripped out that stupid small K&N filter on the breather, the Choke shaft bracket is bent, need to find a replacement as well as a small cap for one carb. (and yeah, the battery. shhhhh :P )

Comment

• had to buy a new engine today, as the oil return pipe has totally turned to rust. so will start stripping for new engine and replace swinging arm and put new rear shock in as well

Comment

• Got my GSXR tail mounted finally

Comment

• new front tire and tank bag. my old tank bag had a zipper blowout. ready for the Rally.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Rode it to work and back. Riding back I got trapped in a classic Florida afternoon monsoon. Waited under an overpass for an hour and had a nice talk with a FHP officer who had the same idea. Then upon arriving to my neighborhood, I discovered the whole street was flooded. So I rode the last leg home on the sidewalk.
                        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Did the renthal street low bar riser mod. Waiting on bar end mirrors and new grips to finish the job
                          Flush twice... It's a long way to the kitchen.

Comment

• Got some new braided steel brake lines and some twin piston calipers to replace the OK'ish originals.

Also posted the 6000'th message on this thread !
                            Carpe Jugulum...
                            1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• I finally had time to finish putting the carbs back together and put on the bike. Can't fire it up and do the sync until I change the oil. I will get on the tomorrow.

Comment

• Had a blown bulb in cluster; replaced all bulbs with LED. Will see how long before they vibrate out... the bases I had with my honda kit aren't perfect in it.

Seeking super glue or a new third eye plastic cover... cracked mine. No - I'm not paying $40 on ebay for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X