What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She was out in the countryside today breathing some fresh air

Comment

• When On a 183 Mile Round trip to Dahlonega today. Had a Blast.

Comment

• getting ready to sell

Comment

• Reshaped the seat, recovered seat, did the pvc fork mod, and put on 750 triple to raise bars. Its like having a new bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyh982 View Post
            Reshaped the seat, recovered seat, did the pvc fork mod, and put on 750 triple to raise bars. Its like having a new bike.
            can you do some write up for that seat modification? please!
            and post some pics pretty please
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
              can you do some write up for that seat modification? please!
              and post some pics pretty please
              I didn't take any pictures during the process, but can take one of it done tomorrow. Basically took off factory vinyl, used electric craving knife to cut the factory foam, used carpet padding and a stadium foam seat for foam, made the seat 2 inches wider for rider and passenger, then stretched new marine grade vinyl over it. So much more comfortable for me and my girl.

Comment

and put on 750 triple to raise bars.
                which means that you also had to replace front brake lines? if so, did you go custom? or did you get 750 front brake line?

Would you happen to know the lengths of the brake lines you had to fit?

Comment

I didn't take any pictures during the process, but can take one of it done tomorrow. Basically took off factory vinyl, used electric craving knife to cut the factory foam, used carpet padding and a stadium foam seat for foam, made the seat 2 inches wider for rider and passenger, then stretched new marine grade vinyl over it. So much more comfortable for me and my girl.
                  gotta see that, please make few photos
                  thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
                    which means that you also had to replace front brake lines? if so, did you go custom? or did you get 750 front brake line?

Would you happen to know the lengths of the brake lines you had to fit?
                    Used the 600 brake lines, made a custom bracket to raise the y connector up a inch or so. Read on here that someone else had done that so I tried and it worked fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                      gotta see that, please make few photos
                      thanks!
                      Only picture I took today, also added non-slip drawer liner to rear seat!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I added an undertail l.e.d.kit or two and put a toggle switch into the triple tree
                        Attached Files
                        its raining out back in your cage!!

Comment

• Rode it!

280 mile jaunt from my buddies place in Truckee, CA (North Lake Tahoe), up 89, down 49, and back home to San Jose via superslab once I hit Sacramento. If anyone ever is in the area and has a chance, highway 49 between 89 and Auburn is a freaken sweet ride. It's going across the Sierra Nevada mountain range, so you're going up, down, left, right, left, down, up, right... you get the idea. The road is in excellent condition, there is no traffic, there are several small towns you roll through with gas stations should you need them, fantastic scenery, and lotsa twisties. This just became my favorite road.

Eastern Bloc - 750 length brake lines work fine, I did this a few months ago. If you choose for new lines instead of making a custom bracket as dannyh982 did, I highly recommend getting SS lines. About the same price as OEM, but you don't have to replace them every couple years. These guys are where I got mine from:
                          Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                          swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                          Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

They were great, the lines are awesome and I'm a happy camper.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Only picture I took today, also added non-slip drawer liner to rear seat!
                            looks good!
                            i can see that you placed alot more foam
                            sigpic

Comment

• Lubed the chain, changed oil, and changed plugs. Ready to head to Deals Gap for the weekend!

Comment

Lubed the chain, changed oil, and changed plugs. Ready to head to Deals Gap for the weekend!
                                pics or it didnt happen

tomorow i need to adjust my chain, check on fairings (missing few bolts) checking brakes, tyres, everything...
                                sunday my first track day

wish me luck
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X