No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday/today - rebuilt front calipers and bled/bled/bled/bled. Had a massive air pocket behind one piston - c clamps on the pistons took care of that. Now that the bike stops I can finally think about installing the springs/emulators I got 6 weeks ago. Also picked up the steel plate and cut your own gasket material to make block off plates for removing the ca emissions crap.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• 90 mile ride and home by 9am. Supposed to storm today so went early to miss the storms. Only rained on me at one point of my ride. Of course it started raining as soon as I turned off the paved road to head up over a small mtn pass to get to another paved road. Now my blue Kat is trimmed in Colorado red. As soon as I got to the other paved road it stopped raining. At least it wasn't dusty.
      Noticed bike creeping while hitting the starter so clutch adjustment and a washing due.
      I started lubing my chain as soon as I get back from a ride ( helmet off and grab the can). I have noticed the fling off to be much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
        Changed out my old brake lines for G&J Stainless Steel lines! LOVE THEM!

Also bled my brakes and made sure all the air was out. Not sure what everyone complains about this for... wasn't that difficult.

Changed out my old brake pads for brand new ones (rear are kelvar carbon), and changed out my front brake pads for Sintered HH EBC pads. Can't wait to try and stop on these bad boys!
        It is a pain if you do it alone... much easier if you have help.

Comment

• Originally posted by numus View Post
          It is a pain if you do it alone... much easier if you have help.
          Super easy if you use a mighty vac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            Also bled my brakes and made sure all the air was out. Not sure what everyone complains about this for... wasn't that difficult.
            Sometimes it goes well, sometimes it doesn't. I can typically do my whole car in about 15 minutes with my vacuum pump, but the kat took me about an hour just for the fronts. Had a stubborn bubble stuck somewhere.

My friend had an identical car to mine and we both had to bleed the clutch lines. His just pumping the pedal was enough. Mine even a vacuum pump couldn't get it done, had to tow it to a shop with some sort of fancy pressurized machine to get that one done.

When it comes to hydraulics, usually it's fine, but when it goes wrong, it goes VERY wrong.

Comment

• replaced steering head bearings with tapered roller bearings. replaced left fork seal again. did find a nick on the piston and sanded it down. maybe the seal will last a little longer this time.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Lights, Camera, Action

Changed out amber lenses to smoke, changed tail light to clear, made custom color changing marker light.

2001 gsx600f update.: http://youtu.be/SjcCpn4scjg

Comment

• Adjusted the clutch and gave it a wash. Getting pretty quick at plastic removal.

Comment

• denso sparks and air filter, runs smoooooooth
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sanded down the horrible latex paint job the PO put on. Close to 14 hrs of hand sanding and using the DA, next week I should have the 3 stage paint down. Sparklee silver base, chinese blue mid with a few coats of clear.

Also filled in the turn signal holes on the fairings. I got hunrgy and my phone was dead so no pics yet.
                      Last edited by rukahs; 06-01-2014, 12:30 AM. Reason: auto correct no bueno

Comment

• Finished painting my sons 93 GSXR, then swapped out the CDI box and a coil sensor on my 86 Fazer which solved a no spark issue. Now I need to replace the electric fuel pump and it should be good to go another 20+ years.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

• Started paying bills which put me in WTF mode. So left a note for when the family woke up and took off. 155 miles over two Colorado mountan passes. Coffee and breakfast in an old mountain lodge. Pulled up and only customers were four other riders. Had some great conversation and back on my own. Part of one of the passes is dirt road so after washing her yesterday she's dirty again. At least its a good dirty. Getting more used to some dirt roads has opened a lot more ways to make some loop rides.

Comment

• Here's what it looks like so far.

Also just won a smoked speedscreen off ebay for 11 bucks. Now just gotta find the left mirror and a front fender. Its been raining so ive been watching dumb bikers on youtube. Lol. Can't believe some drivers.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Just looking at the stats from the ride today. Lowest elevation was 5,387' and highest elevation was 11,690'.
                              Rocky Mountain High
                              I love riding Colorado!

Comment

• Gave her a good washing. Took it out for a good ol' fashioned air dry. Came across a cool looking abandoned building with some decent art work.

My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
                                X