X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
    Installed a Wunderlich air deflector. I put standard bars on and a ZG touring screen but get wind right in the chest. I am going to ride tomorrow to see how it does.
    Pics/update with results please? I'm 6"2 and get a lot of wind there with stock windshield. If this helps you out any, I may have to follow suit.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Pics/update with results please? I'm 6"2 and get a lot of wind there with stock windshield. If this helps you out any, I may have to follow suit.
      Here are some quick pics. I will update after the ride. I started wearing a Nolan modular helmet and had to start wearing ear plugs. One thing I read was how quiet the helmet was so I will also be interested in if this will make a difference for that also.
      There is a lot of ways to adjust this deflector. In the pic you can see that I have it as low as it goes toward the front of the bracket. The lexan screen pivots for and aft and the raise up by sliding up the long slot in the main bracket.
      They cost about $130 so not cheap but I was unable to find anything else. They are available online $130 was the only price. Wunderlich makes products for BMW motorcycles so are stocked at many BMW motorcycle dealers. The dealership I went to was asking $139 and sold it for $125.

Ok. 75 miles and very happy. Wind blast was mid chest and now when I move my hand up to feel where the wind blast starts it is around my nose. Still will be wearing earplugs with the Nolan. I could ride up to about 35mph with the modular helmet open and now it is comfortable to open to about 50mph. Needed to open vents on my jacket at a much lower temp than before because the chest is not getting blasted. Should make for a much more comfortable ride next winter. I would consider 75 miles a very short ride and if that is all you do than I would think twice if unless money was not a factor. I usually ride closer to 200 miles on an average ride. I think this is worth the money for the way I ride. I ended up adjusting it bout 4 times before finding where I like it. It was quick to adjust and I felt the difference very quickly. I have added a third pic of where I ended up liking it.
      BTW I am about 5'10" tall.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rschlegel; 05-23-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Got confirmation from Tmod that Redhawk's (which I am the new owner of) 750 stock shock arrived at his doorstep!

Can't wait to pay Tmod for a shock that actually does something and install it on my bike!
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
          Got confirmation from Tmod that Redhawk's (which I am the new owner of) 750 stock shock arrived at his doorstep!

Can't wait to pay Tmod for a shock that actually does something and install it on my bike!
          WOOHOO!!!! Fun times ahead!!

Comment

• Fixed my trip odometer tonight by replacing the "stick" and screw.

Comment

• I ordered new riding boots, new shinko tires, and new wiring harness yesterday. And today I found an oem airbox, filter, chain guard, and a nicer set of front fairings, and black paint. Oh yea, and I spent to much money. Going to attempt to install the airbox now, the rest can wait for a rainy day.

Comment

• Fitted a header that will be my prototype.

.... and I blew off the dust with the air hose....
                http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• replaced spark plugs.
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Rode it to work and parked it in the fire bay for safe keeping for the night.
                    Keith Paton
                    Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                    13 GSXR750

Comment

• Wish I was riding my Kat toady, Been off it for 4 days now. Needs oil change, but have not had the 40 to 50 bucks to change it right now.....

Comment

• accidently bought 6 front brake pads earlier this week, went to do the brakes and realized... So i ground down the other set of front brake pads and made them into rears -0

Comment

• Rode my pre to a few lakes, then popped the main fuse...with no tools in my back pack...so I had my first experience strapping her on a trailer to get her back home. replaced the fuse and realized my wires for my led license plate lights disconnected. So now I'm going back to the garge to solder. I wonder...did the lights blinking on and off from disconnecting and reconnecting the wires while riding on bumpy country roads pop the fuse?

Comment

• Troubleshot my starting issue. Ignition coil on the left side is dead.
                            "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
                            96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

• Changed out my old brake lines for G&J Stainless Steel lines! LOVE THEM!

Also bled my brakes and made sure all the air was out. Not sure what everyone complains about this for... wasn't that difficult.

Changed out my old brake pads for brand new ones (rear are kelvar carbon), and changed out my front brake pads for Sintered HH EBC pads. Can't wait to try and stop on these bad boys!
                              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                              - Aaron

Comment

• I did a little body work to my new to me fairings, with the help of my girl friend spraying paint tomorrow
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X