No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta lot of parts for the 88' project.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by zombieuchiha View Post
      Plastidiped rims in black
      Attached smoked front indicators

LOOKIN GOOD!
      how many spray cans for rims? i want to do mine.
      tnx in advance!
      sigpic

Comment

• cleaned plastics, and serviced chain

Not sure how to get the 10 year old glue off without destroying plastic. Tried alot of stuff.
        Last edited by snickzcat; 05-17-2014, 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
          LOOKIN GOOD!
          tnx in advance!
          I did it with two 400ml cans, One can per wheel
          Got about 3 layers put on before it ran out

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
          LOOKIN GOOD!
          tnx in advance!
          Finished product with sexy rim tape
          Last edited by zombieuchiha; 05-17-2014, 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by snickzcat View Post

Not sure how to get the 10 year old glue off without destroying plastic. Tried alot of stuff.
            ? What glue?
            Heat guns generally work well, but no idea what you're talking about.
            Also, welcome to KR. Might want to think about creating a new thread and saying hello. Nice bike!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• thanks

Thanks, and I sure will. I should have been more specific. I peeled the factory decals off of the fairings, and they left an 14 year old residue behind.

Comment

• Been an awesome week for riding during our 2014 Spring rally at Myrtle Beach SC.... Today just going to clean her up and ride around town.

Comment

• Originally posted by snickzcat View Post
                  Thanks, and I sure will. I should have been more specific. I peeled the factory decals off of the fairings, and they left an 14 year old residue behind.
                  Ooooh. Yeah, heat gun + goo gone.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• 106 mile ride because I looked at my list of chores. Home by 10:30am and chores after lunch. Squaw Pass / Echo Lake Colorado.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                      175 mile ride. Intended on 250 but the guy I rode with was riding a new to him Harley so rarely made it to the speed limit. 6 hours to do it. I usually do 5 over the posted and then 10-15 over in select corners and then back to 5 over on straights. It was kinda painful. Max speed for the day was 61mph. That included about ten miles of 65mph posted highway.
                      First ride in probably around a month. Got a new top speed for myself today too. Made it up to 50mph on a country road briefly until I contemplated death while bouncing across the potholes and slowed down. Incentive to upgrade from just heavy clothing to armored clothing...

Did about 45 minutes on the bike and logged just over 7 miles... Lots of traffic and sitting at stop lights. Hard to believe how much time they eat up!

On the plus side at least it wasn't shutting off at every stop light today like it did last time I rode. For the first few minutes (somewhere between 5-10) of riding just need to make sure it never drops below 3k rpms while idling, and keep it over 4k while in motion. After that, it'll idle fine normally and ride fine at lower rpms too. Still starts kind of hard, but is getting better each time as I run more Seafoam through it.

Comment

• I've been using laquer thinner to remove the sticker glue off my sons 93 GSXR750, and it hasn't hurt the plastic yet. The factory paint on the plastics still look nice and shiney where I've used it.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

• Installed my new idle adjustment screw thanks to Arsenic! Installed the new throttle cable. Warmed her up and synced the carbs. As soon as I got done, it started raining.
                          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                            I've been using laquer thinner to remove the sticker glue off my sons 93 GSXR750, and it hasn't hurt the plastic yet. The factory paint on the plastics still look nice and shiney where I've used it.
                            Thanks, im going to give it a shot!

Comment

• ordered fork seals AGAIN. plus steering head bearings.
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Installed a Wunderlich air deflector. I put standard bars on and a ZG touring screen but get wind right in the chest. I am going to ride tomorrow to see how it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X