What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xeno_Gears View Post
    bought an 04' 750 katana, it's at the shop getting safetied and serviced

was worried I wouldn't find a comfortable sport touring bike that wasn't too expensive to buy/maintain/insure without being hopelessly underpowered. Maybe by the weekend I'll have some miles on it.
    Congrats on your Kat.
    I washed mine. Adjusted and lubed chain. The under faring was filthy and has been off the bike since last September so finally got that back on. Gonna be in the 70's here for the nexr few days and will do a couple hundred miles on Friday.

Comment

• FedEx left a present on the porch today. I used Corbin seat that I picked up for $56. It looked like it had pretty bad damage from the pics on ebay but is actually in better shape than my stock seat was. Had to shim the seat latch for it to catch. Rode the bike down to the store and the seat feels great! Gonna do a couple hundred miles tomorrow.

Comment

• ...and went riding today!

Started fine, but took a good 15 minutes before I could back the choke off more than a hair. It would run fine as long as I was just sitting, but drive forward, come to a stop and it would idle for a few seconds then just shut off (and would be hard to restart).

Once it was warmed up though it was a nice ride. About 1.5 hours just winding through nearby neighborhoods practicing starting/stopping, turns of all types, etc.

Comment

• well ... being freshly divorced, I have big touring plans for this summer, might even make it to Transfagarasan - Romania if I can manage to pack and fit some basic camping equipment on the Kat.

So I went out and bought .. well I actually ordered on-line .. myself a Wilbers and some other goodies:

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
            well ... being freshly divorced, I have big touring plans for this summer, might even make it to Transfagarasan - Romania if I can manage to pack and fit some basic camping equipment on the Kat.

So I went out and bought .. well I actually ordered on-line .. myself a Wilbers and some other goodies:

Oh i went last year, you my friend gonna love it! TF is just awesome (in lack of words) !

what sprocket is that? how much?
            sigpic

Comment

• 205 mile ride today. Mid to upper 70's today in Denver area. Was gorgeous up in the mountains today. 70 and rain tomorrow and then 39 and snow on Sunday so today was the day. Also ordered new front and rear springs for my weight and also ordered a carb sync tool and auxiliary fuel tank so I can finally sync my carbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                Oh i went last year, you my friend gonna love it! TF is just awesome (in lack of words) !

what sprocket is that? how much?
                Thanks! I've been looking forward to riding those bends ever since I watched Jeremy Clarkson thrash those expensive limos all over that landscape on a Top Gear episode once

The rear sprocket is a 47 Supersprox, cost me 61 euros shipped the front is JT.

I'll install the rear shock tomorrow morning, shouldn't take more than an hour, and then I'm off to Visegrad in Hungary for a warm up and test ride, the sprockets + chain + cosmetics however, will have to wait for a rainy day .. I'm not sacrificing good riding weather for the sake of maintenance

Comment

• Rode mind to work today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
                    Thanks! I've been looking forward to riding those bends ever since I watched Jeremy Clarkson thrash those expensive limos all over that landscape on a Top Gear episode once

The rear sprocket is a 47 Supersprox, cost me 61 euros shipped the front is JT.

I'll install the rear shock tomorrow morning, shouldn't take more than an hour, and then I'm off to Visegrad in Hungary for a warm up and test ride, the sprockets + chain + cosmetics however, will have to wait for a rainy day .. I'm not sacrificing good riding weather for the sake of maintenance
                    oh getting close to me
                    im from serbia/ belgrade.
                    check my thread on Romania/Transfagarashan

Trust me you will be in love when you go there
                    One more thing, road is beautifull but asphalt is not so good, has some threadings in it so dont twist it much.

that sprocket is beautifull! love black/colour combinations.
                    if you choose to go through Belgrade be sure to let me know
                    Last edited by FJCharlie; 04-12-2014, 07:21 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Received some racetech front springs on my porch yesterday while out riding. Today I put them in. It feels weird with the front so high and the back sagging. (Post 750 shock is out being rebuilt and a racetech spring going on also).

Comment

• Working on an 88 head, decarbonized/derusted the chambers and valves. Stripped the rocker assemblies, pulled the rusted out plugs, 3hrs on plug #2, chase the threads, cleaned and derusted the plug seats and tubes. now off to pull the valves, so I can ship out for porting and valve work.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-19-2014, 04:28 PM.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Bought one after placing a deposit on one Thursday night.
                          "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
                          96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

• Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                            Received some racetech front springs on my porch yesterday while out riding. Today I put them in. It feels weird with the front so high and the back sagging. (Post 750 shock is out being rebuilt and a racetech spring going on also).
                            Ha, I've got the opposite. Installed a rebuilt shock back in January and had my springs and emulators arrived in the mail Thursday. Soooooooo looking forward to getting those in!! Definitely feels odd having one end working so much better.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• redid my power outlet
                              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• did a oil change today, valve adjustment tomorrow.
                                1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

Working...
                                X