No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing. I dont have one at the moment! Looked at the parts i have layin around and waitin on winter to pass so i can build another

Comment

• Did some "minor" frame ajustments what a pain that was, 3 hours work when i was expecting 20-30 minutes
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

• Found and bought a really nice looking Motad Nexxus 4 into 2 exhaust for my 1100 on Ebay - used but at a good price. It should be a whole lot lighter than the original setup I have fitted right now and shiny too

Colin.
        Carpe Jugulum...
        1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• Washed it!

Don't remember when the heck the last time that happened was. Definitely have some baked on bug goo...could use a wax (and a new paint job...) but that's for another day...

Closing in on 50,000 miles!! Should hit it Thursday.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• 2003 Yamaha R1 LED Integrated tail light, blue License plate light

My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• 600 - New air filter and spark plugs, new front tire (pr4), greased the wheel bearings while it was off the bike, and adjusted the chain.

New to me 1100 - started inspecting it. Adjusted the chain, had 0 free play. Chain is toast. Aside from showing a little rust, there were orings falling off/out. Chain also at maximum stretch limit. Surprisingly, no kinking. Rear sprocket showing major wear. After adjusting the chain, grinding noises went away - so nice to know I don't have bad bearings. Probably going to replace them anyways.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Finally enough snow melted that I can get the door open and get to mine. Checked the battery and it's still over 90% charge. Planning out the maintenance I need to do this Spring.

Not really clear on how to tell if the chain and sprocket are worn to the point of replacement. A motorcycle racer friend said they look worn, but I should check a picture to compare the exact sprocket shape this bike should have. I did that and it doesn't look worn compared to that. Is there something I can measure for an objective way to decide if a chain & sprocket are go/no go?

Looks like the oil change will be much easier to do if I have a centerstand, so trying to source one of those. So far the reputable shops I've hit can't get one. There's a number of sketchy ebay vendors that claim to have them though. Not sure if it's worth the risk though. Previous owner managed to do all the work it needed without a centerstand. Maybe I just need some type of simple lift/jack mechanism?

Comment

• Added some seafoam. Let it run a bit and renewed the registration. Ready to go

Comment

• Bought some more stuff to bring it back to life
                    92 GSX600F Streetfighter
                    98 F250 6 inch lift 37 inch mud Grapplers
                    96 Corolla DX
                    83 Yamaha Virago 920

Comment

• This weekend I got my front tire put on. Shinko 009, and i continued blacking out my bike. I was able to do my tail, and the swing arm.
                      99 Katana 600

Comment

• Tried to sneak it out of the garage yesterday even though Ive performed ZERO off season maintenance and found that I had what I assume to be a stuck float because the #4 carb was bleeding out of the airbox boot. Took the carbs off. Cleaning them tonight.
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Finally installed the racetech rebuilt 750 shock. Been sitting in a box for almost 3 months...
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Walked to the garage, stared at it torn apart, walked back into the house. I'll wait till my PR4 tires and shorai battery show up. Then game on.
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• got the carbs cleaned, got her back runnin with no fuel leaks. Just got 8 inches of snow but its supposed to be 50 on friday so with any luck ill be riding then.
                              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Bought a jet kit and brushed some snow off of it
                                92 GSX600F Streetfighter
                                98 F250 6 inch lift 37 inch mud Grapplers
                                96 Corolla DX
                                83 Yamaha Virago 920

Comment

Working...
                                X