What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took the bike on a 2 hour trip, cold, windy, and wet. good times

Comment

• well its been almost a year since i posted anything up here, but my old kat is still running sting, about to swap the motor with a race motor. so far everything is going swell
      Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
      True story

Comment

• First rear panel to be converted to tiger camo!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
          First rear panel to be converted to tiger camo!
          Kool! I've always liked tiger stripes
          Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

• Picked up a couple more gallons of gas on my drive home to top off the tank while it's in storage. Got some Seafoam the other day, put that in too.

Talked with the previous owner, and my starting problems/wacky cold idle/shutting off is nothing new. He said it's always done that when it gets cooler outside. Good to know it's not from bad/old gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
              Picked up a couple more gallons of gas on my drive home to top off the tank while it's in storage. Got some Seafoam the other day, put that in too.

Talked with the previous owner, and my starting problems/wacky cold idle/shutting off is nothing new. He said it's always done that when it gets cooler outside. Good to know it's not from bad/old gas.
              on the contrary....it probably is from bad/old gas breaking down and gumming up in your carbs...just from before you got it lol. Clean and replace any worn parts in the carbs, sync them and you wont have those problems.

Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
              First rear panel to be converted to tiger camo!
              that looks pretty badass
              Last edited by crazycraven420; 11-18-2013, 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                Picked up a couple more gallons of gas on my drive home to top off the tank while it's in storage. Got some Seafoam the other day, put that in too.

Check the voltage supplied to the coils multiple times. Check each by testing orange wire with white strip once with key on, and then again when the starter is turning over ( but the bike is not running). Best time to check this so the bike doesn't start up is to test before it's been ran, and leave the choke off. You want to be able to turn the starter over a few times with out it starting.

If you see less than 11volts ever during those tests... that would be a major issue with any kind of starting and sometimes running issues.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Almost Finished!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Great stuff! Nineties chic, baby! Click the link for the car that sold me on all things tigery, I still lust after it...

Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

• Man im in the middle of paint right niw gives me ideas! No im sticking to my original plan of whatever i think looks good heh heh. Looks nice though!

Comment

• Since I haven't had internet all weekend. I did a little plasti dip on saturday, and rode about 250+ miles on sunday, hitting 130mph. Thats a first for me.
                        99 Katana 600

Comment

• I don't want to keep making multiple threads for the same thing at different stages so here it is.... 90% Finished!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
                            I don't want to keep making multiple threads for the same thing at different stages so here it is.... 90% Finished!
                            you need a custom stitched seat to match! ive got a brother in law who does upholstery so hes doing a template for what I want on mine
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

• put a supertrapp EAR muffler on the bobbed kat. fit perfect, ever the mounting holes.

Comment

• First, the report back on a suggestion I was given here: Got some more riding in over the weekend and doing the Seafoam seems to have helped a good deal. Starts near instantly now and is much happier about idling while cold. Not perfect, so I suspect I still have some other things to do, but the "will it start?" question is no longer in my mind when I hit the start button!

Then, on to the new stuff. Since it's running reasonably well (and I've had some good practice sessions in the nearby parking lot), I'm moving forward with the tire replacement (currently has GT501s and the front tire has severe cracking in it, which kept me in the neighborhood and down at 25 mph). The front GT501 is easy to get (and the rear is still serviceable), but it really does seem like the right thing to dump them completely and move to a radial. Even with all the tire suggestions, it was rough though. That's a really tough tire combo to buy for (even the alternate sizes) and I really don't want to buy a new wheel quite yet. Maybe next time around (might have to as current tire sizes disappear). Came down to the Michelin PR2, Pirelli Angel GT, and the Pirelli Scorpion Trail as everything else is either out of stock or discontinued in anything resembling a matching size. End result, I'm getting the Pirelli Scorpion Trail. The Angel GT looks like the closest replacement for a GT501, but the reviews are kind of mixed. I love Michelins on my cars, but they look like the least "unimproved road" capable tire in this small group. So, opting for the one that at least makes a claim towards being survivable on dirt roads.

Comment

Working...
                                X