No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered some bits of shiny Goodridge goodness and a new horn to replace the toytown original one.
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

• I rode mine to work and back, as I do every workday when it's above freezing

Comment

• Parted it out

Comment

• Couple days behind in this, but installed new DID chain, sunstar front and rear sprockets (went down from a 47t rear to 45), cleaned and regreased the clutch worm gear and adjusted the clutch. Shifts wayyyy smoother now, definitely worth doing.
          Now my speedometer is only 2 or 3 mph off instead of 5 or 6. Don't really notice the ~4.5% loss of getup either, but even if I did the fact that its lowering engine rpms is worth it (100 mile round trip commute everyday, all highway. Mostly straight and flat. ) less wear and tear in the engine

Next up: got a little extra $ coming in soon. Think it's enough to cover SS brake lines and 750 bar riser conversion.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• New brake pads on the rear and a quick ride
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132122

Comment

• New plugs, caps and ht leads. Brake pads all round and a good polish.
              Take it for a ride Sunday morning.
              sigpic
              "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

Comment

• Took the tank off. Was going to add that rubber cover to the front. Found a broken petcock, a leaky fuel/water drain, and tape on the intake from the PO. Looks like I'm in for some work before I ride again.
                http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                  Couple days behind in this, but installed new DID chain, sunstar front and rear sprockets (went down from a 47t rear to 45), cleaned and regreased the clutch worm gear and adjusted the clutch. Shifts wayyyy smoother now, definitely worth doing.
                  Now my speedometer is only 2 or 3 mph off instead of 5 or 6. Don't really notice the ~4.5% loss of getup either, but even if I did the fact that its lowering engine rpms is worth it (100 mile round trip commute everyday, all highway. Mostly straight and flat. ) less wear and tear in the engine

Next up: got a little extra $ coming in soon. Think it's enough to cover SS brake lines and 750 bar riser conversion.
                  SS brake hoses are worth the cash. did my first stoppie after this mod,
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• I got a puncture on my lovely new Bridgestone 023 rear tyre. Bollocks

The poxy thing is no bigger than Barbie's dildo, but obviously I still have to repair it...

Comment

• The past couple days I took my side fairings off, adjusted my clutch, lubed my chain, ordered a new tire. Headlights went out found the wire for the headlights, that burnt up, replaced a part of the wire, and got the headlight back on. Just put my fairings back on. not the lower fairing though. I am going to wait on that one, cause i need 2 cans of plasti dip to touch a couple things up.
                      99 Katana 600

Comment

• got my new tank in, removing light rust and prep for paint. installed brake light flasher and general maintenance.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Rebuilt petcock (thanks for the write-up, Kreylyn!), installed new gaskets on fuel sender/drain assembly, failed to fix fuel leak. Damn it.
                          http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

• I replaced fuel lines on my 1998 750 after finding a puddle of gas under bike while warming it up yesterday afternoon. Perfect timing. Better to find bad fuel line in parking lot than while doing 70 mph and on fire.

Comment

• THIS!
                              Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
                              sigpic

Comment

• Not today, but needed to get a puncture fixed quickly, so dropped the bike off at a place near work. Went to pick it up, that'll be £35 please sir.......

Robbing bastard

Comment

Working...
                                X