No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched her in the driveway as I drove the car to work... Been raining off and on everyday for a solid week.

Comment

• New rubber + test ride through twisties .. boy does she handle

Dunlop Roadsmart II
      rear> 150/70 @ 2.7 kpa (40 psi)
      front> 120/70 @ 2.5 kpa (36 psi)

Comment

• Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
        My girlfriend slides around a bit on the back also. She has got much better over years. She used to slide right down into my lower seat area at stop signs or lights. Now it has to be a very abrupt hard stop for her to slide forward.

Please let me know how much this helps, for $15 bucks can't go wrong I suppose.

As for me, I stayed up late last night painting my lower fairing (see the blue in my avatar). Plasti-dipped that white. Now just need to finish the tail fairing and the tank. Going to be all black and white plasti dip for now and than will fill in some of the white with monster neon green.
        Its simple, the difference is night and day. My girl also got the hang of it before I bought the triboseat, she knew when to squeeze her thighs and brace herself for a stop. Now it doesn't matter what happens she is glued to the seat. She is at the exact same spot when she gets off the bike as when she hopped on. I'm telling you, best 20$ I spent on my bike.

Comment

• a lot!!!!

Today, my father and I removed the forks and replaced the fork seals and fork oil. Replaced the engine cover, transmission cover, and oil pan gaskets. Replaced all brake pads, installed windscreen and finally removed the can from the exhaust. It sounds pretty mean now. I just hope I don't get stopped. It sounded so good, I had a busa roll up on me. Anyway, nothing gave us too much trouble. So all-in-all, even though i worked on July 4th and my day off, it was well worth it

Comment

• received my other tire. Hope to put my baby's new shoes on today and take her for my first ride ever on good tires! Picked up Bridgestone BTO23's. Lots of good reviews. We'll see!

Comment

• Thought I'd learn something new...

Today I thought I'd learn something new and save myself a few bucks. After 5,000 miles, the rear Pirelli Diablo Rosso II started showing a bit of steel belt in the center of the tire. Last week I ordered a Pilot Road II for the rear which is supposed to be in today. So, I thought I'd take the rear wheel off myself instead of trailering the bike down to the moto shop. Bought a rear swingarm stand from Harbor Freight, and took the rear wheel off. Wife is dropping it off at the shop this morning for the tire install.

Comment

• finished up putting the carbs back on the bike after adjusting the a/f screws, finished and installed my custom bi-xenon dual-projector headlights and installed a 6000K d2s hid kit. I can see at night now!

Also, rode two-up with my wife for the first time. Went well!

Comment

• Yesterday but...
                  137 miles in almost 100* heat to take a new Boy Scout Handbook to my son at summer camp. You can't drink enough water for that! Hands weren't too happy by the time I got home, though. Guess it's about time for a tune-up. Good news is that 5 miles of gravel road in and out of the camp didn't do any damage to the tires and I managed to keep the speed low enough to avoid any tickets. I was pretty wiped by the time I got home but it was a good day.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• 0430...rolled her out to the street, fired her up, hit the road to Daytona for work, sixty minutes later I was cleaning off the various love bugs and such off the helmet. Life is good!

Comment

• Fired up the Kat and rode in to the job!
                      "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                      1 Corinthians 10:31
                      sigpic

Comment

• Put the most miles and speed on the bike since September 12' and carb rebuild, head cover gasket kit, valve adjustment, oil change, and new tires. Twas AWESOME. Maybe 50 wonderful miles.

Comment

• Took her to my shop, stripped her down and put clear lenses in the front and rear. Also put a clear LED brake lens in her. For got to buy break fluid so I couldn't put the SS break lines in.

samsung Galaxy S3
                          2002 750 Kat
                          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Got my two brothers exhaust installed properly and plasti dipped my bottom fairings green.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt using TapaTalk
                            - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

• new chain (520) and sprockets
                              new plugs
                              fresh oil
                              Wheeee

PS - rotten - how 'bout some pics on the plastidip?
                              Last edited by PepeBouchard; 07-12-2013, 08:46 AM. Reason: added stuff
                              sigpic
                              Pepe Bouchard

Comment

• Originally posted by PepeBouchard View Post
                                new chain (520) and sprockets
                                new plugs
                                fresh oil
                                Wheeee

PS - rotten - how 'bout some pics on the plastidip?

And if you're interested in seeing my plans and things I've done so far check out my log here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131290&page=2

By the way, I love the black and red on your bike! Did you paint that your self? What kind of paint? Plasti Dip is fun and awesome for the time being, but eventually I'd like to do regular ol' paint job.
                                Last edited by rottenpixies; 07-12-2013, 08:52 AM.
                                - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Working...
                                X