No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired the Kat up and rode in to work today. In 6hrs I'll be taking a ride to the park!
    "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
    1 Corinthians 10:31
    sigpic

Comment

• well being that i haven't done anything yet today and there's still way more time in the day, i'll say what i did yesterday.....

i put the newly coated tank with new petcock back on, put the air box and a new air fiter too, then i was able to start it and i took it for its first journey down the street since being resurected!

for those who don't know, this bike i'm talking about is a 1990 katana 600 that i picked up for 500 bucks a couple weeks ago and just needed some love. its also my first bike

Comment

• I did this yesterday, plus some local riding on some nice twisty mountain roads. (total of 6hrs of fun on the bike, 2up with my girl )

And afterwards I did this :

I declare the new riding season officially opened.
        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Ordered a new petcock this morning. Yesterday, I took her out of the garage, cleaned her up and put on the new decals.

Comment

• A few things

New front and rear sprockets, new chain, new fork oil and seals. Took for one short ride to test and stretch the new chain.

Will have to adjust new chain slightly tighter and lube.

Mike.
            2002 GSX 600F

Comment

• Rode into school with my buddy josh with him on his Vulcan.

Comment

• Detail washed and then turtle wax, shes so smooooooth now
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                  I did this yesterday, plus some local riding on some nice twisty mountain roads. (total of 6hrs of fun on the bike, 2up with my girl )

And afterwards I did this :

I declare the new riding season officially opened.
                  WOW!!! Was trying to catch a whiff of that through the montior...
                  "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                  1 Corinthians 10:31
                  sigpic

Comment

• Ordered orings for head to carb boot, The search function works for the site. Thanks

Drilled out the plugs for the A/F screws and set them from 2 to 2.5 turns out.

Scott

Comment

• New plugs installed, Chain adjusted, just waiting on a new fuel filter, will sync the carbs this weekend. Hope to start the riding season next week. Still expecting snow Thursday night. Ick.
                      Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

• Today i did the front sprocket, new chain, put rims and new tires back on. Also cut mesh out for mesh mod and formed them. Received frame sliders from BRAUNSTEIN82 today so hopefuly this weekend I can finish putting the plasics back on and put frame sliders on and get out riding.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
                        2002 750 Kat
                        2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                        2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                        1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                        2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Installed Race Tech emulators, springs and oil. Now waiting on custom sprocket.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• A little sawzall action !
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Installed new o rings in carb boots, put carbs and air filter back on and rigged up a temp gas tank with a bottle. Note to self, get a temp gas tank with an air vent.

Scott

Comment

• replaced needles and main jets, now waiting on throttle cable to arrive
                                Last edited by msgoodwrench86; 04-18-2013, 07:01 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Working...
                                X