No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A carb part I needed for my project came in the mail yesterday. I reassembled my carbs today and reconnected the airbox. Tomorrow I will reinstall the carbs.
    My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

Comment

• Finally got time to finish the carb clean and reinstall, flush mount turn indicators, lube the chain. Tomarrow start, sync and tune, AND FINALLY PUT THIS BASTARD BACK TOGETHER, Want to replace the bearing on the rear then It's all finished. 2 YEARS OF SWEAT AND TEARS and it's over............ Need new project....
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Tighten the carburetor bowl drain screws, plastics are back on, installed the battery, and hit the key. Starts fine from sitting all winter. Running a little rough; but not uncommon for winter storage. I will run a new tank of gas in the bike and if it still runs a little off I will clean the carbs. Your average spring ritual.
        Last edited by MinnKat600; 04-01-2013, 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling
        Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folsoml View Post
          A carb part I needed for my project came in the mail yesterday. I reassembled my carbs today and reconnected the airbox. Tomorrow I will reinstall the carbs.
          Fired it up for the first time today! Woo Hoo! It ran off of a temp fuel tank because I'm still working on the main tank.
          My Bikes/Current: 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 1980 Honda CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100, 2007 Yamaha Vino. Former: 1981 Honda CB650, 1982 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim, 2001 Yamaha V-Star, 1980 Yamaha 400, 19?? Suzuki Madura, 1974 Triumph T140E.

Comment

• got those stupid pilot jet plugs in the mail and bought a front and rear rim and tires with the nippels on them still with new rear rotor sprocket and pads and the brake caliper for 150. score
            YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

• Took the fairings off and washed her. Needed to get all the salt off from last winter.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Got my PR2s on the Kat today!
                "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                1 Corinthians 10:31
                sigpic

Comment

• Discovered a hole in the fuel line.

Comment

• Just offered to give it away for free. :bunny2
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

• Well, yesterday I removed the top triple tree and handle bars to prep for paint and re-configuring the handlebar position. Still doing body work on all fairings. Should be ready for paint next week when its supposed to be nearly 80 degrees.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Getting ready for a ride from Portland Oregon to Dryden Ontario Canada and back

New chain, sprockets, tires, air filter, oil change, and going to clean out my tank, and hopefully find a Corbin seat before my LONG trip.

Comment

• Installed a delkevic slip on only because I didnt like the sound of the stock pipe and at the same time the kat lost a few pounds.
                          Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Comment

• Still sanding. Found a 6 1/2 sub for my sound system.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I have a 2000 Suzuki Katana GXS750F. While cleaning my carbs I checked the carb setting of my pilot Jet screws. #1 was 3 1/4 turns, #2 was 3 turns, #3 was 3 1/8 turns and # 4 was 2 7/8 turns. I had to remove the plugs so I don't think anyone else has adjusted the carbs. From the settings it looks like it was set to canadian stanards? Should I just go ahead and reset the carbs to USA standards. Carb # 1 & #4 2 turns. Carbs #2 and #3 1 1/2 turns. I will be synchronizing the carbs when I am done. I currently ride in Minnesota. Thanks.
                              Last edited by MinnKat600; 04-09-2013, 02:49 PM.
                              Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

• I rode mine to work today!!! Yippiee! I was in withdraw from the insanely long winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X