No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought JB Weld and a gutter guard to do the mesh mod one of these up coming weekends. I already had the paint so i spent a whooping $7.50 all together. Deffinatly money well spent.

Comment

• Never posted on this thread before, but this is probably the most involved thing I've ever done to my Kat...

Wired in some switched accessory outlets, will use to power my video camera and in a pinch maybe charge my phone.

Waiting for my fairings to come back from a friend that's painting them for me. I'm excited to start riding again!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Rode it for the first time since installing the ignition advancer this weekend. I know it's supposed to be a mild difference, but I think it's very noticeable. Seems to have brought the fun zone down quite a bit to lower rpms Very pleasantly surprised.
        previous rides
        06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
        next ride - another kat

Comment

• Today I made and test fitted a adapter plate to mount my tl1000s mirrors onto my Kay. I think they look a lot better than stock. I just had these mirrors laying around for years from my old bike so I figured I would give it a shot and see how they turn out. I only have one stock mirror ( left hand side) but if anyone needs it and wants to buy it just give me a shout in a message. Will post pics once they both are powder coated and mounted.

Comment

• Ordering some cheap e-bay signal lights to make myself somewhat legal. Even thought I'm moving back to a province without required motorcycle inspections.

Comment

• Broke mine down since I just bought it. Pulled the Carbs (spring cleaning) Drained the oil it had 8 qts worth in there. Gas tank is going to get boiled out. Now im looking for some new tires. Bought new plugs the previous owner had the wrong ones in there. Baiscally just fixing all the crap that they did wrong to make it run right.
              02 Kat 750 Current, 04 ZX6, 94 ZX6,90 CBR 600 F1, 97 Ninja Ex250, 98 CR250R RIP, 87 CB250.

Comment

• I crashed mine on my way home from work and broke the transverse processes on my L1-L5 vertebrae and killed my bike. I don't recommend doing this
                94 kat 600 RIP
                97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimbot9000 View Post
                  I crashed mine on my way home from work and broke the transverse processes on my L1-L5 vertebrae and killed my bike. I don't recommend doing this
                  Ouch! Hope your ok!
                  02 Kat 750 Current, 04 ZX6, 94 ZX6,90 CBR 600 F1, 97 Ninja Ex250, 98 CR250R RIP, 87 CB250.

Comment

I crashed mine on my way home from work and broke the transverse processes on my L1-L5 vertebrae and killed my bike. I don't recommend doing this
                    what happened, are you ok?
                    sigpic

Comment

• I'm not 100% sure why i crashed i havent been back to the seen. but i low sided at something like 60-65mph did a bunch of rolls (i was away from the bike by now) and came to a stop against a steel pole for a chainlink fence the trooper said i came to a stop 100something feet away from where my foot peg bit into the road and i remember seeing my bike like 10 yards farther away.
                      it happend the 17th and im already up and walking (very lucky)
                      I was on a road i ride twice a day 7 days a week and not going any faster then normal. the TLDR is ATGATT and never let your guard down. stay safe brothers

*edit i now know why. i lost it right where the road goes from being slightly banked (as a curve should be) to being flat. it was only a few degrees of change but i guess i didn't have a few degrees more tire lol
                      Last edited by Aimbot9000; 03-25-2013, 10:49 PM. Reason: new data
                      94 kat 600 RIP
                      97 vfr 750 ride on

Comment

im not 100% sure why i crashed i havent been back to the seen. but i low sided at something like 60-65mph did a bunch of rolls (i was away from the bike by now) and came to a stop against a steel pole for a chainlink fence the trooper said i came to a stop 100something feet away from where my foot peg bit into the road and i remember seeing my bike like 10 yards farther away.
                        it happend the 17th and im already up and walking (very lucky)
                        i was on a road i ride twice a day 7 days a week and not going any faster then normal. the TLDR is ATGATT and never let your guard down. stay safe brothers
                        HAPPY BIRTHDAY, wish you to heal fast and atgatt, ride safe!
                        sigpic

Comment

• i streetfightered mine and plasti dipped it this week

Comment

• Spent last night and tonight taking it apart, installing Illumiglo gauges and then putting it back together. Wired them to an unused switched plug on the right frame rail, so hopefully none of the third eye gremlins will visit me. I must say they do look better than stock (imo).

P.S. Get well soon, Aimbot9000.

Comment

• Just ordered my carbon fiber Yoshi slip on! Next thing will be new tires and a chain cleaning.
                              "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                              1 Corinthians 10:31
                              sigpic

Comment

• Removed the stock 25 lbs exhaust and added a delkevic 9" SS70 slip on. Now the exhaust weighs 5.6 lbs.

Sent from my phone

Comment

Working...
                                X