No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged the battery (just made sure it was ready to go), Lubed the chain, added 2 psi to the tires, topped it off with fuel then took it out for a ride!

Comment

• I've been away from the forum for quite a while, but...

I put the new sticker on the license plate yesterday, plugged in the battery charger, and sat wishing the snow would melt and the weather would warm up...

Kevin
      sigpic
      Submariners Do It Deeper!

Comment

• Blue G&J Stainless brake lines (for $59 shipped!).

over the last 4 weeks:

new carbs with jet kit and synch job
        repacked D&D slip on
        new air filter
        new chain
        New spark plugs
        foam grips and heavy bar ends
        new Q2 tires
        repainted top triple
        blue rim stripe tape
        black mesh mod
        night shades tint on turn signals
        oil and filter change, new brake fluid
        New o rings

tomorrow and next week:

double bubble windscreen
        1" bar risers
        5 degree ignition advancer
        Last edited by edromero; 03-09-2013, 08:49 AM.
        previous rides
        06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
        next ride - another kat

Comment

• Last few weeks
          Spark Plugs
          Oil + Filter
          Air Filter
          Chain + Sprockets

Yesterday
          Started her up, and watched her idle.

Today
          Just looked at her and told her soon the ice will melt.

Comment

• brother dropped bike in gravel so gonna start on new paint scheme soon, picked up a new set of mirrors and windscreen on craigslist for $30 bucks installing them tomorrow and going to buy a new rear tire other than that rode 50 miles today and really starting to enjoy my kat its not new by no means but its new to me and im learning and loving it a little more everyday

Comment

• Drove down to pickup my pay check and filled the tank now tomorrow I'm gonna give her a bath and shine her up ...

Comment

• Removed, sanded, primed, and painted the front fender (didnt match bought it spayed flat black) yesterday. Today I removed the plastics and gas tank for the first time to change the spark plugs. My project list is getting smaller and smaller day by day. Bike is being picked up wensday to get forks sealed, brakes redone, and an overall mechanic check up since I want everything to be safe as possible for my first season.

Comment

• today, just rim tape. Yesterday a throttlemeister. 2 days ago an oil change, air filter, cleaned the chain, checked the plugs, did the 'mesh mod' (black mesh on blue bike). Installed Givi racks for my hard saddle bags. Now I just need the snow gone!!!

Comment

• Today I finally started putting my Kat back together again, New head bearings are in and the triple is now joined to the frame once again, it's not much but it's a start

Engelskmannen.
                    Carpe Jugulum...
                    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• GSXR 750 Swap Pre Kat

Well I have most of the parts as of today to complete the swap. I got the cdi, the clutch cover, exhaust gaskets, exhaust springs, just need carbs &
                      clutch cable and the time to install the rest. Then it will be windy road heaven this summer.
                      Will Lemke (OOMPA)

Comment

• Pulled the engine yesterday.
                        sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

• Took off the Lower Cowling and as I can't get a new one for love nor money - not even available on fleabay, I'm repairing the PO's crash damage. Lotsa cracks so I bought a Dremel-lookalike and have been following the instructions in a previous KR thread about how to fix the plastics with epoxy - wish me luck!
                          I don't know what I want but I know how to get it.

Comment

• Ill be putting this on tonight. I'm aware of the legendary dash melt potential
                            Attached Files
                            previous rides
                            06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                            next ride - another kat

Comment

• Replaced a couple of mild steel screws which had some light rust on them with stainless ones

Comment

• picked up my plastics from the graphics place for the new decals, now take them to the paint shop. Received the new tires I ordered.
                                2002 750 Kat
                                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                                X