No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got my bike running smooth at 5000 rpm idle still working at it dont want to give it up......i got a 1986 camaro with a 454 i am working on its hard but need katana done first

Comment

• had new tires installed. Pilot Road 2. rode in the fog at Blood Mtn. (Sunday)
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Turned it on. Warmed it up. Checked the oil. Made sure everything worked as intended. Turned it off. Went back inside where it's warm. Can't wait for spring.

Comment

• Pulled the carbs apart only to find that previous owner had already been in there...

Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• Every time I go out the back door I look at er and want to cry lol. Poor thing just looks at me. Haha

Comment

• Blew the piston and crank in my snow machine, got the engine out and apart. Now waiting for parts for that.

So I finished removing the plastics and tank for painting, and searched for new decals.
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Last night lifted the storage cover. Yup it is still there. No mice. Garage is too cold to do anything. Come on April showers.
                Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

• Finally took off my swingarm with the help of my nephews. Gonna get it stretched about 6 inches. Still can't get the right front caliper off. Stripped bolt...
                  sigpic

Comment

• rejetted carbs for the winter school season, now its idling way too high, cant get it to go down.
                    Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
                    True story

Comment

• This is my first post on this forum. I picked put a 2002 Katana 600 last week with 20k miles for $850. Its been pretty beaten up but a great first bike in my opinion. Cleaned the chain, removed all stickers, shined it up, sanded primed and painted a portion of the gas tank (had a decent sized rust circle where tank meets the seat underneath the old tank pad). Replaced a few bolts that where missing and through some stabilizer in the tank so it will be ready to start in a few months

Comment

• I have been missing mine, snuck out on it Sunday when we had a break in the weather and roads were clear and +8 celcius. Didnt like having to wash it and tuck it back in the corner knowing it will probably be months before I get out for another sprint.

Shoulda just bought a knobby tire and ran it all year like the guy on the street and trail who never drives anything but his bike, even in the snow storms hes cruising around town, spinning out in the corners.

Comment

• IDK... It has been 76 deg F here in North Florida..... Way to cold to ride!

But seriously... I rode mine once in the past month.... Friggen health problems have kept be bed ridden for a few weeks

Did realize that I have had the registration sitting on my dresser for 2 months instead of under the seat, where I could have sworn i put it....

Comment

• Rode mine. Its 49 degrees here in Texas and it felt rather crisp.
                            I pulled the carbs and reset the float heights. I also blew out the pilot jets and passages even though they were clean. Put it all back together and it runs great. From idle to redline there is no hesitation. Just pulls strong.
                            It really does make a difference having the stock airbox on the bike and all leaks sealed up.
                            --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                            --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• Installed hugger, not as i had planed but, it is installed. Installed new signals, need electronic flasher. tomarrow maintenace and final reassembly. Nothing, nothing left to do to it. at least I am done modding it, forever......
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• i know this isnt kat related but me and my brother in-law bought a 03 ninja 500 for 300$, and in three days we went through all the fluids, brakes discs pads, fluid, changed oil, flushed brake fluid, cleaned carbs, put carbs back in the right way, repainted discs, radiator, repaired heatlight and front faring. and got it running again with the exception of not getting fuel to the carbs, may be a vacuum issue. but were pretty proud of ourselves,
                                Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
                                True story

Comment

Working...
                                X