No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork service......tomorrow.....rebuilding my forks...but have no stand.

Comment

• I look at it every time I go through the garage over the last few days. Since I am sitting at home with a torn calf muscle for a month. Can't ride it. Might as well hook up the battery to the trickle charger.

Comment

• Got the flatslides done but, found throttle cable fraying, purchased both hand controls from a post and all new cables , If i'm changing cables might as well do them all. need to figure out choke rod replacement or fab one up......
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Added new mirrors and removed the bulky ones.

Sent from my phone

Comment

• Looked at pics of her.. It was time for someone else to enjoy her. She left yesterday.
            If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              Got the flatslides done but, found throttle cable fraying, purchased both hand controls from a post and all new cables , If i'm changing cables might as well do them all. need to figure out choke rod replacement or fab one up......
              was it a hard swap

Comment

• Originally posted by ChandlerW View Post
                Pflugerville? I'm in San Antonio. If you need help I can drop by on my way to Killeen. I usually make the trip on the weekends.

But basic troubleshooting should get it running.

I rode my Kat today. It still has a little problem between 4500 and 5500 rpm but I'm pretty sure its the floats. 6000rpm and above is sweet. Its hard to believe anyone would talk smack about a Katana. 6000 rpm to redline feels pretty freaking good. Plenty of power and enough speed to kill you if you fall off.
                thanks for offer to help. next time your austin hit me up, well go ride

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                What's your bike and your new cruise RPM? Say... 65-70MPH?
                well it only in kmh but at 100 kmh or 60 im getting 6k with a headwind with a passenger, most of the time im getting about 5k
                Last edited by dorkduf7; 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
                True story

Comment

• Coil relay mod, theremal blinker relay, led plate light, started on solo seat

Comment

• Originally posted by dorkduf7 View Post
                    well it only in kmh but at 100 kmh or 60 im getting 6k with a headwind with a passenger, most of the time im getting about 5k
                    At a constant speed in the same gear, it shouldn't matter about load or headwind. If your revs change by 1000 RPM at 100kph, you probably have a slipping clutch.
                    Last edited by TRPUT; 12-07-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                      At a constant speed in the same gear, it shouldn't matter about load or headwind. If your revs change by 1000 RPM at 100kph, you probably have a slipping clutch.
                      well i just remember first time i took her out after installing it i was running at 6k but after that night, its at 5k
                      Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
                      True story

Comment

• I got to see it for the first time in over a year! Getting my purple baby out the impound FINALLY!!! It's gonna need alot of love and attention as it was left to the elements the entire time but nothing I can't handle! Just ready for it to get home and get back the way it used to be but better!

Comment

• Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                          was it a hard swap
                          If it were 34's, no but, they are rare 33's and mikuni doesn't support them any more. I have to mod 34 parts to work. Just waiting on my R6 throttle and cables to arrive, stock cables are too long and my thottle tube was broken on the return side.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Started tearing the plastics off for paint. Just the beging of the long winter project
                            2002 750 Kat
                            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• have an 88 600 kat that i am turning into a fighter of sorts.cut off front fairing mounts by the gas tank crossmember and cut the seat mount off.using a one piece seat of a 750 kat so i need to fab a new mount.thinking about polishing the front forks,but gotta strip the paint off yet.not sure,though.
                              1988 katana 600 that wants to grow up to be a streetfighter

Comment

• Put the plastics back on for inspiration to not ditch the project
                                Did some more sanding on my solo cowl

Comment

Working...
                                X