No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished fork seals after waiting for some parts, no more leak and it rides alot better, they were gettin low on fluid! Wiped down the brake rotors and pads to get most of the fork oil off.... It stops alot better Imagine that!

Only downside is I'm down in my back, cleaning the shop for a spot to park the bike for the winter and tripped walking backwards with a box, managed to whirl myself around and catch myself on my left leg, but it felt as though I tried to dislocate my hip.... Hurts like a M^*#!R F*^%*R!!!
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

• Hey parts came in from RonAyers, I can put the carbs back together and maybe even drive it for the first time!

Comment

• helped one of my boys do a fork seal job on his kat.

Comment

• Carb part finally in, time to install the flatslides and set them up.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Gave her an oil change, cleaned and lubed the chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
              That's gotta suck. Heal up quick.
              Thanks, yeah it sucks big time, but it ain't over yet. Doc said that if the swelling doesn't stop I have to go to the emergency and have it cut open. It could either burst open on it's own or it might start to die off (he called it 'black finger' but not very likely).
              Needless to say I won't be operating a clutch lever anytime soon.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• My injury seems to heal pretty good. It's much less swollen and I have some freedom of movement even.
                Not real strength and it still hurts like hell so I can't ride yet.

So I started revising the front fork, it will need new bushings and will put in thicker oil for a tighter feel.
                In the mean time also I'm cleaning the tank, doing the brakes, synchronising carbs and I changed the oil and filter.
                I also noticed that the swingarm axle was a bit loose in the frame so I ordered new bushings for that too.
                It's all a matter of getting the most out of a bad situation.
                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• didn't get to ride but thought of changing break fluids soon.

Comment

• Not been able to ride for 3 days now,too poorly...some stoopid bug i got...but a wash will be in order and a lube!!
                    I'm outa here

Comment

• i gotta take my carbs off and clean them how do i do this little help guys

Comment

• I stuck mine in the shop since it started snowing Pulling the tank tomorow to start painting
                        92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

• thats goo stuff i pulled my fearings and started sanding them but my tank is perfect so im not gonna mess with it

instead of the blk and silver with the silver on the bottom im gonna go all blk

i think i wanna get my rims dipped chrome or just change rims
                          Last edited by lakeffe; 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• started working on the tank found out it has bondow under like 5 layers of paint on it idk why but 3 different colors guess the guy i got it from wasnt happy with the colors lol. but i loaded it the back of my truck took it down to a buddy of mine welded a new exhaust on it and welded the swingarm looks sick cant wait for paint to be done

Attached Files
                            think yall can catch me now

Comment

• Sad day tonight I took a short ride to my shop and tucked my baby in for the winter. The roads here are covered in salt, and the cold weather may have settled in. Although I am not going to winterize her just yet, my girlfriend has family in Florida. There may be a Christmas trip, if thats the case there may be two Canucks riding around Florida for 10 days.

If not winterize, paint, fender chop, new chain and sprockets, mesh mod, oil change, add some LED's, check suspension and new tires before spring will be the plan.
                              2002 750 Kat
                              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Fender eliminated almost done painting

Comment

Working...
                                X