X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
    Got my 2nd coat of paint on my right main fairing, painted the tail section, painted the belly pan, and removed the gas tank.
    Woohoo, paint! Do want pics!
    I cleaned her up a little and took her to her first "show", our shop's Annual Open House! Lots of compliments - even the Harley guys were liking the Kat.
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• Congrats Shifty
      I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
      --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

• I attempted to put an 03 wheel on an 01 bike. Doh! Wish I'd have known that doesn't fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shifty View Post
          Woohoo, paint! Do want pics!
          I cleaned her up a little and took her to her first "show", our shop's Annual Open House! Lots of compliments - even the Harley guys were liking the Kat.
          Congrats, bro! Always feels good getting complimented.

Lol, I'm just doing a cheap little flat black rattlecan paint job...nothing to brag about. I think it's going to look pretty good, though. All flat black, except I'm going to leave the yellow stripe in the front. I'm watching a chrome mid-pipe on Ebay, and painted the letters on the sidewalls of my tires yellow. I think the yellow letters and the SS fairing bolts will pop out pretty well against the flat black of the bike.

I'll post a couple pictures up when I'm finished.
          02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
          90 GSXR 750/1216
          96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
          87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
          sigpic

Comment

• I moved mine out of the garage...then proceeded to powder coat parts for someone else's Kat, an SV650, and I forget what kind of bike the other stuff is for...
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

• well today installed a dubble bubble wind screen, installed some new yoshimura slip ons and dropped her off at honda to get the jet kit installed.

Comment

• I took the donor post katana harness apart for the wiring for the gauges, lights and speed sensor for mreedohio's bike.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• arg. still attempting to bleed the rear brake, finished mock up of custom exhaust, charged the battery and got it started.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

• Punched some holes in the stock muffler baffle so she'd talk to me a little more. =D

Worked *ok*... need aftermarket exhaust though.
                    Originally posted by katanawarrior
                    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• I RODE mine today
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

• Finished the bondo work on the tank (had a couple dents), painted the tank, and reinstalled it on the bike.
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

• welded/finished custom exhaust....rode it...pulled a few nice holeshots while i was at it....came home, tore the front end apart and painted the forks gloss black...waiting for paint to cure out a bit so I can put it back together after I make a baffle for the new exhaust...waaaayyyyyy to frickin loud

EDIT: 10:53 pm...front end back together, and baffle made and installed
                          Last edited by teddy; 02-07-2009, 10:53 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

• Rode her hard nice long ride another winter romp.

Comment

• I took mine out for a 50ish mile ride this morning.

Comment

• Patted it...... smiled......and whispered "soon.......very soon"
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X