X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a dynojet kit!

got a dynojet kit installed and cards rebuilt cost me total 600.00 but i got her back and she runs good.

Comment

• Found out we need a battery

Comment

• Upset still taking down parts...
        1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
        1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
        Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• Working on carb #4. Already dipped carbs 1-3 in Berryman's Carb Cleaner. 24 hours for each carb so this is like day 4. I have everything else cleaned and ready to go back together. Hopefully its going to idle smooth and work right....this time.
          --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
          --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• Found a twisty road that thrills me finally! Nebraska sucks for this bit Iowa rocks!

Comment

• Sprockets!!! Thank you GSXFJim!!!
              1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
              1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
              Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• Got the last of the body work on the bike done. Then broke the headlight trying to bang a bent piece of metal back in so that the fairing would fit. Metal went back into place, light has too be replaced though.

She's finally looking like a bike.
                Attached Files

97 Katana 600

Comment

• Originally posted by jraggett View Post
                  Got the last of the body work on the bike done. Then broke the headlight trying to bang a bent piece of metal back in so that the fairing would fit. Metal went back into place, light has too be replaced though.

She's finally looking like a bike.
                  I just scored a headlight on ebay for $7. Mine has a rock chip in it and looked bad. Good deals are out there.
                  --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                  --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• Got her some new wheel bearings

Comment

• Proud of myself

I was having so much trouble putting Indigo on her centrestand by myself.. First time doing it this morning.... all the tips in Katrider helped.. !!! thanks!!! too geeked!
                      My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by clex3 View Post
                        I was having so much trouble putting Indigo on her centrestand by myself.. First time doing it this morning.... all the tips in Katrider helped.. !!! thanks!!! too geeked!
                        I just whip 'em up on the stands now, but back when I first started, it felt like it took a crane to put a bike on the center stand.

I still remember those days, almost dropping 'em every time, and now (10 years later) it's just second nature and I do it without thinking about it.

If you're going to be using the center stand a lot for work, I'd practice doing it a few times a day. Eventually you'll just hop off, put your foot down and it'll "happen" for you.
                        Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Had to park it. Need a new rear tire. Just noticed the radial belt showing in the old tire. They don't last that long, do they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulies99Kat View Post
                            Had to park it. Need a new rear tire. Just noticed the radial belt showing in the old tire. They don't last that long, do they?
                            Yeah... Bald spots don't bother me... when cord starts showing, that's when I park 'em.
                            Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

• Okay so after firing the bike up the first time, it ran in neutral at 6k rpms. Weird but it ran. So yesterday I was prepping to take the carbs off for a cleaning and notice that they, along with the airbox are not completely seated and tightened down. So, first the carbs were put on correctly an then it was time for the airbox to be reattached. But wait, the airbox now doesn't fit on. I tried a miriad of different things to get it to work but the dam thing just won't go on. Even took the runner runners off the box an secured them and then tried to mate the airbox but that failed as well. Can anyone shed some light on this because it'd be really nice to be able to get that back on. Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Moved it of the driveway and onto the patio slab and took the key... don't trust all my neighbors in the park...

Originally posted by Bl@ck_Kat View Post
                                Okay so after firing the bike up the first time, it ran in neutral at 6k rpms. Weird but it ran. So yesterday I was prepping to take the carbs off for a cleaning and notice that they, along with the airbox are not completely seated and tightened down. So, first the carbs were put on correctly an then it was time for the airbox to be reattached. But wait, the airbox now doesn't fit on. I tried a miriad of different things to get it to work but the dam thing just won't go on. Even took the runner runners off the box an secured them and then tried to mate the airbox but that failed as well. Can anyone shed some light on this because it'd be really nice to be able to get that back on. Thanks for any help.
                                2 easiest ways I've found to do that:

1. Wipe some ATF on the inside lip of the rubber and use a pick to "swipe" them up on with the bottom lips seated.

2. Take the filter out and guide them on with your hand inside the box using two fingers. Start from the middle two and work your way out.

When you do either, leave the carb clamps loose so they can move around a bit.
                                Last edited by Christ; 08-30-2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X