No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put on a timing advancer this weekend.

Comment

• New tyres! Dropped the wheels out and had the Metzeler Sportec M1s replaced with ContiRoad Attacks in stock sizes. The M1s didn't suit the bike, my riding style or my usual type of journey - and the rear wore out in 4000 miles.

Then it snowed so I haven't even had a chance to try it!

Cheers,
      Duncan

Comment

• Pulled and cleaned the carbs.
        Installed new air filter.
        Replaced starter, then found out that the problem was a severed line to the starter relay.
        Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

• Actually did this last night, but it's within 24 hours so I'm counting it.

Put on my new previously loved fuel tank, swapped in the petcock and cap, and took an inventory of what fasteners and cushions I needed to replace. Then I ordered them from Bike Bandit (along with a Suzuki hat).
          -93 GSX600F

-74 CT70 K3

Comment

• rebuilt the carbs. All nice and clean and shiny now! Up next is valve lash.

Comment

• Removed, cleaned, repacked bearing grease in the rear wheel bearings for my swingarm mod. Remounted them all installing my new center wheel bearing spacer with the correct ID. Set up the other spacers to, swingarm, and brake arm to be painted. Should have that done by end of week (waiting on other non related parts to be completed so they are to be painted at the same time by the painter)
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• I painted the elephants on my Metzlers
                I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

• I removed the two side fairings, removed the stickers from them, sanded them down, and repainted them flat black. (1st coat) 2nd coat happens tomorrow.
                  02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                  87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                  sigpic

Comment

• I have done nothing to my bike because I have been working on this one
                    This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Drilled a hole in my oil pan . It was fun .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• placed an order with cyberpoet for an ignition advancer and a set of speed bleeders. Will order a combo ss brake lines kit from HS2020 later today or tomorrow. oh boy, my wife will kill me..:smt084..i've been on a shopping spree for the bike the last few weeks already..

Comment

• Got 2 new tires and a valve adjustment (tuesday) on my V-Star 1100

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

• i took the front fender off and painted it white/ painted zg screen white and put the kat simble on it. going to take barends off and paint them blue like the rest of the bike.
                            sigpic

Comment

• 0205091753-00.jpg

0205091754-00.jpg

0205091754-01.jpg

Here's the elephants I painted... Too much free time and beer are probably to blame but I liked the outcome.
                              I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                              --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

• Got my 2nd coat of paint on my right main fairing, painted the tail section, painted the belly pan, and removed the gas tank.
                                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                                90 GSXR 750/1216
                                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X