No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my rims and tires mounted and balanced today.

Time to reassemble the bike and see how "balanced" the bike it

Riding it tomorrow!
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Comment

• put my new brake and clutch levers on. also put on the new generator cover...wondering what i should do about a battery...mine will not hold a charge
      05 GSX 600F My Work In Progress!

Comment

• Spent more time on it today. A couple of things done and a few set backs as well. Oh well.

Cheers, canuk_guy

Comment

• Couldn't wait... so I rode it for the first time in over a month tonight!

Ride is GREAT but there is a very strange clicking sound... sounds mechanical and clicks at the same rate as the revs... hmmmm....
          - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            Couldn't wait... so I rode it for the first time in over a month tonight!

Ride is GREAT but there is a very strange clicking sound... sounds mechanical and clicks at the same rate as the revs... hmmmm....
            Valves? or chain if its just when you're moving?

Comment

• Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
              Valves? or chain if its just when you're moving?
              I'm hoping it's ONLY the valves... I'll be taking my bike apart soon again so i can back them up a bit if they're too tight.

I doubt that it's the chain because it only does it when I rev the bike... moving or not.
              - Aaron

Comment

• Painted my seat cowl tonight. Waiting for it to dry to put it on the bike. Also rode about 75 miles today.
                Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• Here's a picture of what it looks like for now. Sorry for the blurriness but it was taken through a window at work.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• Rode my bike to work and back today.

Still hear that "clicking" noise... waiting for my LED's to come in and then i'll take it all back apart again and make sure I don't have my valves too tight.
                    - Aaron

Comment

• I got home to find that my Delkevic exhaust came in. Went ahead and installed that bad boy and fired her up. All I can say is WOW. Forget all my friends and other riders who said "don't put an exhaust on it". Forget that! The bike sounds sooooo much better now, getting noticed more which is a good thing. This guy started to cut me off so I bleeped the throttle and he quickly swerved back into his lane... I got a chuckle from it

Feels good, new brain bucket, new gloves, and an exhaust...

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                      Here's a picture of what it looks like for now. Sorry for the blurriness but it was taken through a window at work.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...DavesBike2.jpg
                      Nice, that cowl looks great on it. Should be looking a lot sleeker once you get from fresh paint on it

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                      Rode my bike to work and back today.

Still hear that "clicking" noise... waiting for my LED's to come in and then i'll take it all back apart again and make sure I don't have my valves too tight.
                      I've got clicking noises in mine too, but usually only when I'm coming to a stop and it's less than 30mph. I think it might be the chain, I have too much slack on it.
                      - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Rode to and from work on the back roads.

On another note I had to drive the car this afternoon too. Turns out I still know how to do that.
                        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                          I've got clicking noises in mine too, but usually only when I'm coming to a stop and it's less than 30mph. I think it might be the chain, I have too much slack on it.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't the chain, but it'd be nice if it was.

My bike clicks when I rev. It also clicks when I move... but then again.. it's revving...

Pretty sure it's from the valve adjustment I did. Hopefully I can get away with loosening off the valves that are too tight and I haven't done any damage to my bike yet...
                          - Aaron

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine isn't the chain, but it'd be nice if it was.

My bike clicks when I rev. It also clicks when I move... but then again.. it's revving...

Pretty sure it's from the valve adjustment I did. Hopefully I can get away with loosening off the valves that are too tight and I haven't done any damage to my bike yet...
                            I've always been told this : if you hear your valves click, you're late on setting them. It could mean the cylinder is hitting them already.
                            You should see to that as soon as possible and hope you didn't bend a valve stem yet.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                              I've always been told this : if you hear your valves click, you're late on setting them. It could mean the cylinder is hitting them already.
                              You should see to that as soon as possible and hope you didn't bend a valve stem yet.
                              Yeah, that would really stink if I bent a valve stem. I'd have to rip part of my head apart and give it a REAL valve job... not cheap...

How the hell would I tell if I bent a valve though? It's not like I can see a whole lot of them from where they sit on the top of the head.
                              - Aaron

Comment

Yeah, that would really stink if I bent a valve stem. I'd have to rip part of my head apart and give it a REAL valve job... not cheap...

How the hell would I tell if I bent a valve though? It's not like I can see a whole lot of them from where they sit on the top of the head.
                                Not really sure if you can, but I guess you can always try pushing them down and feel if there's an obstruction or it doesn't bounce back smoothly. Biggest problem would be that it doesn't properly closes off the inlet or exhaust ports.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X