No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did appr 800 miles this weekend on the BigKat including a spirited ride thru some twisties between Dawsonville and Gainesville .... Good Times
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Got my tank, carbs and airbox all back together and she's running great!

Also got my front tire, calipers and discs all apart and ready to go for when my new rubber comes in
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

• Trying to change my front sprocket AGAIN!!! D@mn things tightened with the life of the world...gonna have to torch it loose

Comment

• Changed chain and sprockets, did the coil mod and tried to square up my front fairing stay.

Tried being the keyword....

Comment

• cleaned my chain and lubed her back up! Beautiful ride this morning with a small burst trying to top her out, I think top speed is about 142mph. At least I couldn't get faster than that unless I was going downhill, lol. Now ready to ride her back home in this crazy Chicago heat. Happy 4th to you all! Have fun and be safe out there, it's harder to ride a motorcycle with less than 5 fingers on each hand
            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Fuelled her up again. After monitoring fuel consumption for a few months she seems to stay at a steady 6,3l/100km (37.34mpg). Time to see if I can get it to drop a little more.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• My PR2's and chain come in today! They look like a good F-en tire!! The chain is gold, Kinda like it and now I just really want my sprockets! Have to find time to mount the tires afer I get my carbs to stop dumping fuel..

Comment

• Originally posted by 95GSX600noob View Post
                  My PR2's and chain come in today! They look like a good F-en tire!! The chain is gold, Kinda like it and now I just really want my sprockets! Have to find time to mount the tires afer I get my carbs to stop dumping fuel..
                  Get a shop to do it. You need them to be balanced properly so that your bike rides perfectly straight and therefore you get even tire tread wear.

All you need to do is take the rim and new tire to your local dealer and they will mount and balance them for under $100... well worth it...

I wouldn't mount a tire myself unless I had a balancer.
                  - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                    Get a shop to do it. You need them to be balanced properly so that your bike rides perfectly straight and therefore you get even tire tread wear.

All you need to do is take the rim and new tire to your local dealer and they will mount and balance them for under $100... well worth it...

I wouldn't mount a tire myself unless I had a balancer.
                    Nooo, I won't dimount or mount a bike tire. The shop is going to do them for $35ea for a mount and high speed balance.

Now semi, car, truck, ect I don't have a problem with. But there are some things in life that you just need to have other people with the right tools do.

Comment

• Glad to hear it.
                      - Aaron

Comment

• Oh ****, I forgot my bike is still sitting in my garage somewhere...
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Got started on getting my rear tire off tonight. Tomorrow night I should have it off.
                          - Aaron

Comment

• Installed the Delkevic 350mm stainless exhaust.
                            Great looking and sounding exhaust just cant decide
                            if I like it better with the baffle in or out.

Comment

• Burned through my first tank of gas Went for a little ride to show her off, and get a breeze blowing with this crazy heat wave! $17 later, and I'm ready to ride some more!
                              Christine
                              Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

• Ride my bike to work again so that she could sit and wait for Mr to get off work after a double overtime shift plus eight for the holiday.

Comment

Working...
                                X