No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubed the chain and rode her out to Starved Rock National Park along with 11 other members of a local forum here in Chicago. Had a blast and rode some technical back roads. Rode about 230 miles on her today alone. About time for a new front tire though. Anybody have one for sell?
    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• My Kat got a workout today.

1) Installed halogen bulbs in my Competition Werks eliminator turn signals... much brighter.

2) Completed the wiring on my LED integrated tail light.

3) Drilled out the bolts on my front brake reservoir, retapped the holes and instaled new bolts.

4) Filled and bled all brakes.

5) Adjusted my clutch lever, brake lever and throttle.

6) Adjusted the idle speed.

7) Raised my head lights and changed their location so I can see better at night.

8) Eventually killed my battery.
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

• I went and got trash bags and took photos with mine

Comment

• Went out to practice some very low speed maneuvering. Then rode into the city centre to put my skills to the test. Stopped for a nice cappuchino and got a free Karmeliet with it.
          (Karmeliet is a well known and exceptionally good Belgian beer.)

Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Got to ride all weekend long in good weather

Comment

• stared at it while it sat in the garage next to my bros cbr because its been raining cats and dogs all day.
              #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Originally posted by TS7X View Post
                stared at it while it sat in the garage next to my bros cbr because its been raining cats and dogs all day.
                Was there a trickle of oil under the CBR after it heard the roar of your kitty kat?
                - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                  Was there a trickle of oil under the CBR after it heard the roar of your kitty kat?
                  No but all its plastics were mysteriously on the ground when I went back to check on them haha
                  #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Got the new 600 doner in today! Kinda happy one step closer to getting the kat up and going!

Comment

• finished fork seal replacement.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Well, i just got a 2002 600 Katana as my first bike about a week ago. But, today I did my first oil change. Went pretty smoothly. I'm looking to change out the spark plugs...Is there a sticky or a forum for that? I am pretty mechanically savy but being my first bike I kinda want to know what I am getting into.
                        Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by BaltimoreHokie View Post
                          Well, i just got a 2002 600 Katana as my first bike about a week ago. But, today I did my first oil change. Went pretty smoothly. I'm looking to change out the spark plugs...Is there a sticky or a forum for that? I am pretty mechanically savy but being my first bike I kinda want to know what I am getting into.

Allow me to give you the hand I needed when I first got on this forum a year ago.

1998-2002 Katana Factory Service Manual
                          http://www.metal-fab.net/files/89_97...e%20Manual.pdf (compliments of GixerKat & Tmod) This is the 600 factory service manual.

You're welcome
                          - Aaron

Comment

• ^^^ Service manual=good!!

Anyways, I finally bit the bullet and installed a speedohealer. Call me crazy but it feels different now, like it wants to have more oomph!!

Just hit 30k miles. Time for another oil change with some 20w-50 since it's going to be 110+ for a while here.

Comment

• today i made a sissy bar for my girlfriend out of a headrest from an old Saturn , she was so afraid of falling off the back she would lean on me and it felt like 300lbs on my wrists when i had to stop...hopefully now she can lean back and relax and enjoy the ride more..

Comment

• Moved my naked bike in the garage to a better location. Too bad all that plastic doesn't weigh anything cause it was DAMN heavy without a seat or being able to touch too much without snagging my pants some something important.
                                - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X