No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode about +150 miles around the surrounding Chicago areas. Got lunch and met up with a mutual friend who rides a Harley. Got coffee at Dunkin Donuts and took some photos. Then we proceeded to pick up another rider, who is new to the hobby. During the process we got stuck in traffic. There was a light we were stuck in and once it turned green, the Harley revved the engine and somebody in the opposite lane I guess wanted to see what type of bike it was and ended up slamming into the car in front of them. Lol! Sucks for that cager!

I should be getting my SS2-R can welded onto my OEM mid pipe after chopping off the OEM can later this afternoon
    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Ordered a solo cowl today. Hopefully it will be here in time so I can paint it before I start working again.
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Took her all apart only to find out that one of my boxes of parts didn't come with instructions... ohhhhh goody...
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

• Finally took off the lower grab rails where the helmet lock is located. I also took off the back grab bar to see what it looks like. I couldn't find anything on the net or on here about something fabricated to fit in that slot to make it look flush, so I may attempt that when I get back from Atlanta.
          All the world's a stage,
          And all the men and women merely players;
          They have their exits and their entrances,
          And one man in his time plays many parts,
          His acts being seven ages.

Comment

• got plugs . back on the road this weekend. (fingers crossed)
            Tejasandre

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
              Ordered a solo cowl today. Hopefully it will be here in time so I can paint it before I start working again.
              Where did you order it from? Thanks!
              Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                Where did you order it from? Thanks!
                Right here.
                He's also a member on this site.

sigpic

Comment

• Was yesterday but I replaced the missing rubber pads on the
                  cross bar under the gas tank, and found all the vac caps on the
                  carbs missing. Definitely explains the crazy amount of popping
                  I have been getting on decel recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                    Right here.
                    He's also a member on this site.
                    I just ordered the same one! Can't wait to get it. Now I gotta figure what color to paint it. Would be nice to have it blue to keep my bike semi original but I also thought about painting the lower gray cowl a gloss black and painting the seat cowl gloss black as well and hope that looks ok.
                    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                      I just ordered the same one! Can't wait to get it. Now I gotta figure what color to paint it. Would be nice to have it blue to keep my bike semi original but I also thought about painting the lower gray cowl a gloss black and painting the seat cowl gloss black as well and hope that looks ok.
                      I have mine that way and I dont like it, but it's staying until
                      I paint the bike then I will match it to the body

Comment

• Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                        I have mine that way and I dont like it, but it's staying until
                        I paint the bike then I will match it to the body
                        I agree. Paint the cowl the same as the bikes main color (if duo tone), and use details to break the overall color surface.

Planned on going for a ride with some colleagues. At the pick-up they decided it rainded too much and cancelled. It's 20°C and sunny now so I washed her.
                        Last edited by ErrEs; 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday: Wife and I rode our Kats out to a wedding, then home... (70 + miles) then a little later rode back out to the wedding reception and back ( 140 + miles).

Yep, we attended both in leathers...

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Sounds like a fun wedding... did you go home to change into the high end leatehrs for the reception....lol
                            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Well i just got mine out the shop and now im thinking about riding before it starts to rain again.
                              Freddieboy

Comment

• thursday I installed Race Tech springs. yesterday I rode up to Tellico Plains for lunch and then the skyway. 360 miles round trip.
                                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                                X