X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TS7X View Post
    got mine from the same guy. For coming from the uk, it showed up pretty dam fast.

rode to a bike meet in ephrata PA. I was one of 4 kats that I know of there. One looked like it caught fire pretty bad.
    Man, I would have been there if I knew about it.
    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• rode her to work home for lunch and filled the tank ...
      now to ride her back to work taking the scenic route this time

Comment

• Originally posted by davea7 View Post
        Man, I would have been there if I knew about it.
        yea i kinda found out about it last minute. I hear they do it the first sunday of every month though.
        #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Rode Suzie Kay to my buddy's house for a BBQ. Thought it was burgers and brats, showed up and he had a steak slapped on a plate for me! Almost got ran off the road when I was in the far right lane and some cager changed lanes as I was passing her right (on the way to my buddies) then on my way home I was on far left lane and this dude switched to the left lane as I was by his driver door. So I sped up. Gave him the "what the f**" hand signal. Then when I was clear, I turned around and flipped him off cuz he was tailgating. What a day...
          - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• New tires

My tires finally came in from Amazon. New Conti-Motions installed today. The 2002 Kat 600 had the original Michelin Macadams on it (5200 miles)! I took it easy coming home breaking in the new rubber. I also purchased a Napa gold oil filter and four quarts of Mobile 1 4T Racing 10W 40.

Mike
            2002 GSX 600F

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormbringer View Post
              My tires finally came in from Amazon. New Conti-Motions installed today. The 2002 Kat 600 had the original Michelin Macadams on it (5200 miles)! I took it easy coming home breaking in the new rubber. I also purchased a Napa gold oil filter and four quarts of Mobile 1 4T Racing 10W 40.

Mike
              I replaced my back tire with that tire a few weeks ago. I noticed a huge difference in handling right away, although it seems as though bumps in the road are a bit rougher now.
              Last edited by Oddy Turner; 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM.
              All the world's a stage,
              And all the men and women merely players;
              They have their exits and their entrances,
              And one man in his time plays many parts,
              His acts being seven ages.

Comment

• rode around to do some errands this morning. Ended up buying and installing a throttle lock. It does the trick pretty well but takes up 3/4" of my grip

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormbringer View Post

Mike
                  what size back tire did you go with?
                  #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Put fresh pain on the front farings, recleaned the carbs for the 3 time (bike is finally running on 4 cylinders) got rid of the k&n filter and put a stock one it, and replaced the spring in the CCT

Putting a chain and sprocket on it next week
                    Last edited by AustinF19; 06-05-2012, 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• my bike was supposed to come out of the shop friday of last week. then he says teusday. today he says tomorrow. argghhhh

Comment

• ordered projectors for my headlights, they came today

Comment

• Was riding and saw a guy texting in a Chrysler 300 almost slam into the a car in front of him three times. He got behind me and I promptly slowed to a crawl, turned around and signaled for him to move back to the other lane and not be behind me. He did so with a look of "F you."

Then I got caught in the rain with wind hard enough to almost knock me over while at a stand still. Fruit from street vendors was flying all over the street. I got my second shower of the day . I also found out that when a car hits a puddle on a warm street that the water feels good if you are drenched from colder rain.
                          All the world's a stage,

Comment

• I ordered mirrors with led signals in them got them in the mail today, and they turned out to be to short and at such a weird angle i couldnt even see out of them.

So i called motosport and they are going to do a swap for a different pair.

Comment

• Originally posted by thortonhigh View Post
                              I ordered mirrors with led signals in them got them in the mail today, and they turned out to be to short and at such a weird angle i couldnt even see out of them.

So i called motosport and they are going to do a swap for a different pair.
                              All the world's a stage,

Comment

• 150 70r 17

Originally posted by TS7X View Post
                                what size back tire did you go with?
                                I just stayed with the recommended 150 70R 17 rear and 120 70R 17 front.

I did my oil change today. The old oil (new bike for me) was pretty dirty. Now she looks great the the gears seemed smoother. I went with a Napa Gold filter and 3.8 quarts of Mobile 1 4T racing 10/40. Now when the weather gets better tomorrow I can really test things out!

Mike.
                                2002 GSX 600F

Comment

Working...
                                X