No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put her in the garage... The rain is coming. I need to find my waterproof gear
    ----USMC combat vet----
    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

• Put on the new newly broken and painted windshield

Comment

• Replaced both fork seals this weekend. I had no idea the lower portions were supposed to be kind of shiny! I used a brass brush, liquid wrench, and paper towels to clean off the fork oil and brake dust. Much nicer!

No leaks, and the front end isn't squishy anymore either.

I used to worry about bottoming out the suspension coming in and out of my driveway. Not anymore.

Comment

• This weekend I took out the plugs put oil down in the cylinders and let it sit almost 2 days before cranking it over. Haven't started it in almost 2 years. Made sure the battery was charged. And wussed out on putting the carbs on to see if it fires up. I also researched the electrolysis rust removal because my tank needs it bad.
          I invite you to church.

Comment

• Got the hubby's Kat running finally!!! Getting ready to put tank back on, then he can put all the plastics back on it.

Comment

• Got new conti-motions mounted and balanced ($20 for the pair after I got the old rubbers off).
              For $30 of tools and an hour(ish) of my time I saved $20... not the best choice ever.

Comment

• Put some miles on it!

Comment

• Put on a carbon fiber gas cap cover and Clear Alternatives clear tail light with LED bulbs (non-integrated kind).
                  Scowled at the rain and then drove my Escape to work.

Comment

• Cleaning up the parts and sorting things out. Slow process in finding the time to do it, although I have to pick up the pace. The garage I have it stored at isn't going to be available after the end of June.

Comment

• Took it through the twisties up on the mountains. Lots o' fun!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ulies99Kat View Post
                        Took it through the twisties up on the mountains. Lots o' fun!!
                        Hoping to do that this weekend

Comment

• Put a cover on it cause it's raining cats and dogs today...
                          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                          - Aaron

Comment

• built a iPhone mount for it and went for a nice evening ride.
                            "Life is hard partner, but it's harder when your stupid"

Comment

• Today!!!

Got my new Conti's mounted, new DID chain and sprockets installed.

Brake flush and fill, and cleaned all the crap from behind the front sprocket cover.

Inspection tommorrow, then hittin' the road this weekend!

Comment

• Took the stock exhaust off and mounted a shorty pipe. Completely a bad idea! My buddy had it laying around so I figured might as well see how it sounds. That thing is obnoxiously loud. Not only that, it sounds horrible when you are coasting to a stop. Going back to mount the stock exhaust. Should have a Vance Hines coming in the mail soon. Just a used slip on for $50. Better than nothing, at least for now. He only has the can do seems like I'm going to have to get a mid pipe cuz the stock is a 1 piece. Am I correct?
                                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                                X