No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but a KAtana was a sword that ninjas may have used, so therein lies the confusion...lollololol

I again adjusted the odometer up 400 or so miles...lol

She also witnessed a nice discussion on track days and a comparisson discussion to a long lost sister...
    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Changed the front sprocket back to a stock 15T, PO had a 14T on there. Then I rode the hell out of it!

Kat-Fighter 750

Comment

• attempted to change my own tires. I will never do that again. Tools will be posted on Craiglist tonight and I am going to the shop to get it done.

Comment

• I got new rear rubber installed. This time I went with the Bridgestone Battle-axe BT45. I'm still doing the break-in on it. It's my first Bridgestone and so far it's pretty good. A friend of mine refers to Bridgestone tires as "Slipstones". We'll see after I put some miles on it.
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
            A friend of mine refers to Bridgestone tires as "Slipstones". We'll see after I put some miles on it.
            A few guys I know on rr's swear by Battlaxes though. Let us know how it turns out. I for one am interested as I'm looking for a new set of tires.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dazuki View Post
              Changed the front sprocket back to a stock 15T, PO had a 14T on there. Then I rode the hell out of it!

Kat-Fighter 750
              I've been trying like hell to get my 14T off the front but can't get the d@mn nut loose...by air or hand. I wanna see how big a difference it makes bc I get left behind after about 140

Comment

• Make sure the washer under the nut is completely flattened out of the way. Oil the impact gun, put a screwdriver through the chain to take the cush drive out of the equation and hammer away at that nut for a bit. They get pretty tight on there.

Expect to need a new washer when you put everything back together. It's pretty common to tear the old one up and it's there to be bent up, locking the nut from coming loose accidentally.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Shaved front turn signal mounts off, eliminated rear fender, sanded, primered, painted, and on my way outside to clear coat. Might get to ride today.

Comment

• Put just over a 100 miles on her. Really want to get rid of my rear touring style tire
                    ----USMC combat vet----
                    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

• Drove to a friends and back to help out with some plumbing work. Fun fun fun.
                      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                      - Aaron

Comment

• WELLL i fixed something on my own! when ever i turned the bike on. it would REV super high if i turnt the bars straight or to the right. i pulled the cable and same reaction. i notciced there was something that looked like an adjustment screw knob thing. that was maxed. so i turnt it down to close. and the it stopped doing that. but would shut off or low idle. so i did it about 1/4 way and its perfect. im very proud of myself that i was able to do that. it still leaks oil and its carbs need to be cleaned. but for right now. i can go around the block.

Comment

• Tried to clean the front sprocket area so i can fix the clutch rod that is broke of in the motor but ran out of degreaser so didnt get very far

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                          >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

• WD-40 works well. It's mostly kerosene.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Removed the rear shovel and turning signals, but the metal license plate bracket off, and mounted 2 small turning signals under the tail light, and repositioned the plate...i think it looks more sporty without the big plastic fender... ill have pics up by tomorrow

Comment

• Took it for some in town riding. Nothing too serious. Past 2 days I've probably put about 4 miles on it. Been going out late to a few meet spots and checking out the scene in Chicago. Going to be tightening up my free play on my chain tomorrow. So the book specifies that the metal pin be replaced each time. Where do you get a replacement pin?
                                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                                X