No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stared at her this AM as it was wet out and not my typical pleasing riding weather. I did manage to take her out a few hours later. Also ventured off with another local riding an R1 for about 2 miles. Then we split

Originally posted by Swimmerboy View Post
    Changed the oil, oil filter, removed the fairings to inspect the clutch cable, adjusted the clutch and rode her for the first time all of 0.7 miles! (in my apt. parking lot!)
    I need to adjust the cable on mine! And at least you rode her!
    - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Cleaned the engine. Started her up and watched oil dribble out of the front of the engine and burn on the exhaust pipes.

Comment

• Clocked a few miles wet and dry

Comment

• Blew a fork seal

Comment

• beat the new front tire into scrubbed in submission

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• Bolted on the ignition advancer I got from Hole Shot and removed the center stand..
              Had to take the exhaust can off to get the center stand bolts out.
              Whoever said it should only take 5-10 minutes to put the advancer on is full of crap... Had to remove the entire right side fairing to get the cover off (one of the bolts was behind the plastic)

Comment

• Cleaned, lubed, and adjusted my chain.

Removed the clutch and side stand safety switches from the harness. And cleaned the electrical contacts inside the hand controls

Comment

• rode it to my buddies house 1/4 mile up. ran the rest back to the house so i could drive my car up too. whenever he gets a chance. we are looking the whole bike over, find the oil leak, oil change, new sparks plugs. figure out why the blinkers dont flash.

Comment

• Shaved the feeler on the left foot peg on a left turn while riding with my daughter.. all she said was, what was that noise Dad... When I told her, she looked at me for a minute, then just smiled and said "Cool..."
                    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• received replacement right side mirror from expvet and installed, she has two ears again! :P
                      2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Looking to buy my T-REX sliders today.

Also want to purchase swingarm spools from T-REX at the same time... but unsure if they actually fit or if anyone has used them before.
                        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                        - Aaron

Comment

• Bled the front and rear brakes (first time touching any breaks since shop class 10 years ago...). Going for the test run now, if you never hear from me again you'll know why

Comment

• Put it on rear swing arm stand...Tom must clean n lube chain and fill n bleed rear brakes

Comment

• You do realize that cleaning and lubing the chain is best done right after a ride, right?
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                                You do realize that cleaning and lubing the chain is best done right after a ride, right?
                                I'll add to that.

Not just any ride, but a decently long ride (more than 5-10 minutes of consistent riding). The chain needs to be HOT when you clean it in order for those chemicals and lubricants to be effective.
                                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                                - Aaron

Comment

Working...
                                X