No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full replacement of brake fluid front and back, then took her for a ride to make sure everything was ok !
    My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

• Nothing yet, but will be home in a couple of hours and take her for a nice little ride over the fields and get that happy feeling over the fact that spring is here and summer will soon bloom!
      gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

• this is a day late, but last night I flushed front and rear brakes, did an oil change, and cleaned my chain. Had some issues getting the rear brake to pressurize, took a few hours to realize I had to vacuum it. Once that was done, was able to put everything back together and head to bed by 4:30am then wake up for work this morning. Rough first time....
        - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Payed two speeding tickets today. Might have gotten another one this afternoon.
          Oh well, I'll find out in a few days I guess. :/
          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• ouch! what'd you get the tickets for?
            - = Dane = -

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              ...Or he was using a toothbrush and soapy water. I use WD-40, a steel brush and an old towel. (Just don't scratch up the rollers with the brush.) The WD-40 cuts right through the old grease and grime.
              Yup. Soapy water and a toothbrush. Took me forever. I found lots of grease that was caked on and looked like I missed it the last few times I've cleaned the chain (so did the previous owner)... so I put the effort in to getting those gone.

The chain looks fantastic now. I see now that investing in a grunge brush is going to be worth while...

Also found out today that my front fender on my KAT is totally busted on one side and not being held on by anything cause it's got a split in the plastic right by the screw behind the fork... great.... more investments over the summer!
              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
              - Aaron

Comment

• It became a about 60km ride (40 miles?) in 7 degrees. Freezing cold on my hands, and when the sun set, I had some big difficulties with my tainted vizor... My bad, my fail. But anyways, a lovely ride!
                gsx600f "katana" -00

Comment

• Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                  ouch! what'd you get the tickets for?
                  One was 6km/h above speed limit, and the other one 2km/h. It's rediculous but I guess they have to draw a line somewhere. I know what I worked for today.

sigpic

Comment

• Hoping my ignition advancer comes in soon... Had some problems with a cold start today...

I keep having to put the bike on prime for about 1-2 minutes for it to start if I haven't ridden in about 7 days.. is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                      One was 6km/h above speed limit, and the other one 2km/h. It's rediculous but I guess they have to draw a line somewhere. I know what I worked for today.
                      aww man that sucksss! Do you think you learned your lesson on speeding or will you just be more careful on speeding in certain areas?
                      - = Dane = -

Comment

• Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                        aww man that sucksss! Do you think you learned your lesson on speeding or will you just be more careful on speeding in certain areas?
                        Well for what the first one is concerned I was 100% sure I slowed down enough. The judge was pretty convinced otherwise though. Maybe I should have my spedometer checked. The second one I wasn't aware of but still that's not even 1mph over the limit.
                        Last edited by ErrEs; 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Got my new clutch springs in the mail today... and left them sitting on the table in the garage while I took my son to Boy Scouts. Priorities, ya know.

Besides, it's supposed to rain all week anyway...

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                          Yup. Soapy water and a toothbrush. Took me forever...I see now that investing in a grunge brush is going to be worth while...
                          Next time try using WD-40 or kerosene instead of that soapy water.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Rode my baby to work this morning. Enjoyed the weather but my perforated gloves worked against me in this morning chilly weather.
                            - = Dane = -

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                              Got my new clutch springs in the mail today... and left them sitting on the table in the garage while I took my son to Boy Scouts. Priorities, ya know.

Besides, it's supposed to rain all week anyway...

Next time try using WD-40 or kerosene instead of that soapy water.
                              Picked up TIROX chain cleaner today (kerosene), and also picked up some Motul lube. Next time I clean the chain, it should be easy haha.
                              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                              - Aaron

Comment

• Took off from work and took her out on a long ride on a beautiful day!

Comment

Working...
                                X