No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was bike maintenance day for me. Did a valve adjustment, new spark plugs, looked over everything made sure the carbs were good. put it all back together and forgot the hook the gas gauge back up..
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• Re-upholstered my seat, kind of, I removed the new vinyl I put on it yesterday and smoothed out the bumps. I also added red reflective tape to the hard bags to cover some scratches on the doors and to have more visibility since I plan on having my daughter ride a lot with me this season... here is a pic...

"Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• ...and that's STILL a good looking bike.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• So I took the forks apart this winter for rebuild. In the process, the wimpy PA inspection sticker gets disintegrated and falls off the fork leg. I go to the shop today to get inspection. It passes easily, as I knew it would. Now PA has some new rules that the insp date must match the tags. My tags are dated 07/12 so he says he can put a sticker on today and it will last till July/12 or wait till the first of May, bring it back and they can put a sticker on to last till 07/13. AARRGGGGH! At least they are willing to hold the work order open till next month when I bring it back then just to get the sticker. It's supposed to be rainy all next week so probably no riding anyhow.
          Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

• Az here. getting in the triple digits for weather already. but luckily, i got to work before the full force of the heat so i could ride home in the awesome 70's weather. worth it. gotta clean the chain tomorrow. hmmmm

Comment

• Not today, Yesterday... rained pretty much from noon on, so I took her apart and.....

Sanded and cleared the screen...
              Checked my valve clearances... found only two that were a tiny bit looser then the others, but still in spec. Adjusted them...
              Repaired two separated melt points on my upper fairing I was not even aware of.
              While doing the valves, I found a loose bolt for one of my pickup coils... repaired that...
              Topped off my battery with distilled water....
              Replaced a blown bulb for the high beam indicator...
              Installed my second coil, as it FINALLY got here Friday...
              Installeld new set of NGKs...
              Cleaned up the Harness under the fuel tank and around the DYNA2000 mnodule under the seat...

Today, I plan on polishing and clearing my pegs and controls... as it is supposed to rain like crazy for the next few days... but hey, we need it as it is dry as hell up here right now...
              "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Crunk it n let it warm up. Raining so cut it off and walked back inside

Comment

• Yesterday - upgraded to 750
                  Today finish putting back together and install new Tmod forks.
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

• After almost all the bodywork is finished I thought about riding. Then I thought about all the housework I neglected all those weeks and I went into the kitchen to assess the situation. That drove me right into her saddle and on her handlebars. Rode for about an hour and had three showers on the go.
                    Still it was the best hour I had in a month.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Took it out for a quick spin around town to warm up the chain for lubrication. Came home, parked it, lubed it. tried to start it again and just sat there clicking at me every time I would push the button.

Off to the Electrical forum to search for help.

Comment

• replaced the break fluid completely, nice new and clean! feels good. loaded the bike up on the trailer, headin up to N.Carolina for a week on Tuesday !!
                        2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Cleaned the whole bike. Cleaned the chain for 2 hours with an old toothbrush.... never going to let it get that dirty ever again... Lubed the chain. Polished and waxed the whole bike.

Then I rode her up and down the streets, watching all the heads turn.
                          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                          - Aaron

Comment

• cleaned and lubed my chain. i think. hahah

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                              Cleaned the chain for 2 hours with an old toothbrush....
                              Either it had JB weld caked onto it or you have no arms
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• ...Or he was using a toothbrush and soapy water. I use WD-40, a steel brush and an old towel. (Just don't scratch up the rollers with the brush.) The WD-40 cuts right through the old grease and grime.
                                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X