No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode her for about an hour. Stopped by the house to drop some stuff off and when I got back on the bike I noticed the clutch is slipping again. Not like last fall but definitely slipping. Guess what I didn't replace since they were still in specs... Go ahead and guess. Yup, the clutch springs. Hello Barnett? Ship me four of your finest.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Died a little inside due to this "cold" but not snowing (anymore) weather. No riding today... pray to the KAT gods for tomorrow...
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

• Concocted new keys for the saddle bags... the only repalcements are in the UK and the guy does not ship to the US and is not answering my emails.... lol way to do business.
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• rode around my underground parking garage till i smelled exhaust fumes through my helmet. not registered yet so i cant venture beyond the parking garage gates. (basically prison for katanas ) tommorows my first free day ive had in like two weeks so ill see about getting it street legal!

Comment

• Rode her into work...1°C...my kibbles and bits got chilled but are gradualy thawing...smilling all the way.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

• Gonna put on my adjustable kickstand and hopefully be able to prime my solo cowl tonight.
              "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
              Chris
              graphic designer | drummer
              2002 Katana 600
              Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

• 1 year!

Just finished my first 365-day season on my Kat, thanks to the lack of winter in Dayton, OH this year. switched out my oil to mobil 1 racing, checked everything over, and polished it all up for the next 365. It did get a bit cold riding to work in January...
                -Giaco
                -Giaco
                '81 CM400C,
                '99 GSXF 750

Comment

• Rode her to work and then the DMV to transfer titles and get my own plates...then the DMV says I need a check or money order to pay for the fee. What happened to cash or plastic? Most of us are already screwed since they don't take Visa...

DMV :
                  - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Shaved down my seat and re-upholstered... will redo next winter to make it look just a bit smoother, but it feels so nice now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
                      Shaved down my seat and re-upholstered... will redo next winter to make it look just a bit smoother, but it feels so nice now...
                      I done the same thing last year. Cut about 2 inches out and then countersank a gel pad in it. Its like a different bike. I can finally touch the ground flat footed, which is a big deal for me since I'm 5'6, and its much more comfortable. By far the best mod I've done to date.
                      If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

• Looked at the weather report, put the cover on her and drove the Escape to work today.. around noon it started to pour and didnt let up...
                        Ordering the 5 degree advancer tomorrow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclean81 View Post
                          I done the same thing last year. Cut about 2 inches out and then countersank a gel pad in it. Its like a different bike. I can finally touch the ground flat footed, which is a big deal for me since I'm 5'6, and its much more comfortable. By far the best mod I've done to date.
                          Yeah, unfortunately I cut too deep and had to reglue some padding back. it came out comfortable, but when I look at it, I can see the inperfections under the cover... sucks too because the cover came out really nice...

Comment

• Same thing happened to mine. Trying to recover it with new vinyl proved to be a total pita, and I started to question my ability to pull it off because of the odd shape of it. I ended up cutting it in 3 pieces. Luckily the hacked up part will be hidden by the solo cowl. It came out with a couple wrinkles, but Im satisfied for the time being. Im a total perfectionist though so Im sure at some point Ill get tired of looking at it and have it professionally covered.
                            If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

• I droped my Kat tody it cracked the bottom fairing, right turn signal, and betn the brake alittle. I dont think its the first time shes been droped though *wisperin* shes a 96* but its still sad. ABS cement does wonders thou

Comment

• Originally posted by MotoKatana View Post
                                I droped my Kat tody it cracked the bottom fairing, right turn signal, and betn the brake alittle. I dont think its the first time shes been droped though *wisperin* shes a 96* but its still sad. ABS cement does wonders thou
                                That sucks man. I ended up dropping mine last weekend but it was very light. Only cosmetic scratches to the right fairing, that was all. I was a little luckier than you. Just use that accident as a learning experience and learn from your mistakes. I was pushing my bike, like an idiot, and it fell opposite side I was standing on. From now on, if I move my bike, I'm sitting on it to avoid that happening again. You live and you learn. At least you can still ride her. Everything in working condition?

Oh yeah! Also forgot to mention that my Kat stayed at home under cover today to hide from the rain.....30 minutes of rain..... Lol. Giving me a good day to ride tomorrow Chicago!
                                Last edited by DaneG320U545; 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM. Reason: Added info
                                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
                                X