No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut-Nut, (felt weird typing that) lol I'll post up some pics tonight hopefully, we're having some bad storms down here and the drastic change in temp is delaying the drying process.
    "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
    Chris
    graphic designer | drummer
    2002 Katana 600
    Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

• Nothing yet...

Comment

• Replaced valve cover, cussed the PO out in my head, ordered M7 x 1.00 Helicoils to repair the cam caps that he stripped out by using the wrong bolts, put a new curved oil cooler/lines on, and covered her up until I can fix the problem.
        '88 GSX1100F, '89 GSX1100F No engine atm, '92 GSX1100F

Comment

• Got bored so I built my own GPS mount for an old GPS I had laying around....

From that angle it looks as if the mirror is blocked, it is not. I will still be able to see my elbows while riding. Just noticed I'm in the left mirror...lol

Will run the wires and set up teh automatic relay this weekend sometime...

Damn, that garage looks a mess...lol
          Last edited by Nut-Nut; 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM.
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Originally posted by Nut-Nut View Post
            Got bored so I built my own GPS mount for an old GPS I had laying around....

Damn, that garage looks a mess...
            That's a garage? Lol.
            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

• It got caught out in the rain.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Chopped the shovel

integrated turn signals
                2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• rode to Brasstown Bald, highest point in Ga. then posted pics on photobucket.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Sanded the tank on the GSXR. A quart of Bondo just on the top-front-sides. Covering SCRATCHES that can be sanded and filled with self etching or high build primer.
                    sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                    2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                    2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Took the tank and carbs off. Pulled bowl number to replace rubber stopper causing carb to leak gas in cylinder and foul plug. So also end up replacing all plugs (unknown mileage) & o-rings on float. Bowl seal is not very old and is holding up so far so I'm going to leave it alone. Got speedo cable on order. Otherwise taking tomorrow to remove one more link out of the new chain bc its still too long, changing to a 15 tooth steel front sprocket. Also swapping out front rims bc mines bent from P.O. finding a curb and shakes like no other. then putting a front fender on in the midst on it all. Then it's done. Complete. Finished. Adios. Vamos

Comment

• so I went out riding for my first time on my 02 Kat today. Went to a cemetery near my home and clutch release without throttle today while my brother worked on his car. I probably rode a total of 2-3 hours at the cemetery, was very busy so I wasn't going too fast. Mainly focusing on when clutch engages and shifting. Also tried concentrating on smooth launch. I'm still a little sketchy, but for somebody on a bike for a few hours with no experience, I would say I was successful. Then had my brother follow me as I drove on the streets for the first time, that was successful. I also took it around the hood a few times and had some fun. Nothing major but did feel some of its power. That thing runs like nothing I've driven before, lol. For my first experiencing riding a bike, I had tons of fun on it and am thankful to god I didn't get hurt, injure others, and didn't drop the bike. For those who celebrate, I hope you enjoyed your Easter Sunday! And those of you who don't, I hope you at least enjoyed the day off!
                        - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• I spent about 8 hours of my Easter Sunday doing the POR-15 routine on my tank. Getting the Marine Ready to stay in the tank was fun, have the chem burns on my arms to prove it (got into gloves). Went fairly smooth after that.
                          89 Katana 750
                          06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

• installed my freshly painted fairings and new clear turn signals. One of my kids knocked their bike over into it and put a 2" scratch through the paint!

Comment

• Fixed the blinker lens the PO gouged up when he dropped the bike a received the new intake boot o-rings

Comment

• Ordered a new battery for it. Traded email with Tmod about the suspension. Trying to figure out a good source for gaskets and odds and ends for my bike. Thinking it might be better to get them from a local bike shop to avail myself of their knowledge.

Cheers, Guy
                                aka canuk_guy

Comment

Working...
                                X