What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    Rode her!
    Me too! Just got back. It seems to be running real nice. It scares me lately in the mechanics 101 thread reading all the how to's and how do I fix.

I just ordered chrome mirrors today. Now I have to find me a set of the billet base plates. They cost just as much as the mirrors. LOL
    Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

• drug her up outta the basement and fired her up and rode her long and hard!! felt great to be on two wheels again!!
      Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by davea7 View Post
        Me too! Just got back. It seems to be running real nice. It scares me lately in the mechanics 101 thread reading all the how to's and how do I fix.

I just ordered chrome mirrors today. Now I have to find me a set of the billet base plates. They cost just as much as the mirrors. LOL
        The chrome mirrors I bought arrived today and they are totally junk. They don't adjust right that I can see what's behind me without leaning way outward. Totally disapointed!

Comment

• Pulled it out of the garage where my nephew has had her parked since December, started her up and than ran her around the block a few times. It was a weird feeling because she just doesn't accelerate as fast as her big sister, the busa.
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

• I cleaned every little bit of dirt off the underside of my bike today. Cleaned my rims and brakes/calipers and then cleaned my suspension linkage and swing arm. then after lubed my chain.

By skeetab5780 at 2012-03-21

Im really glad i took the time to do this, since it was covered in soot and oil...the last owner didnt know TLC

Also i came across a loose bolt that could have been really bad!!

By skeetab5780 at 2012-03-21

luckily my springs on my center stand kept the bolt from falling out...

Comment

• Sometimes it pays to clean. I'm not much for shining the bike but I make a point of cleaning anything I touch when I'm working on the bike just so I can check the condition.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Just got & installed the Vance & Hines slip-on and i'm super hyped about it... It sounds and feels great...

But now i noticed my horn aint working...lol..

Comment

• Originally posted by roe1880 View Post
                  Just got & installed the Vance & Hines slip-on and i'm super hyped about it... It sounds and feels great...

But now i noticed my horn aint working...lol..
                  You don't need a horn with that pipe, just rev your motor when you need to get someone's attention.

Comment

• Took a colleague (gsxr1000) for an after work ride, and showed him some curby roads. After the first set of curves I actually feared he fell off somewhere in the middle. Took him a while to appear in my mirrors again. Felt bad for a while but dit it again in the next couple of bends.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by davea7 View Post
                      You don't need a horn with that pipe, just rev your motor when you need to get someone's attention.
                      LOL... that might help on the road, but not for the inspect...lol...

Comment

• I put new forks on, ordered new fairings, headlight, headlight assembly and grab bar. I wrecked my baby last June.

Comment

• Cursed at it... started running on two cylinders while still two hours from home... I think my pickup coil is fried... will play with it this weekend...
                          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Finally got my plate light working and fiddled witht the horn for a bit.. checked the wires and it had power to the horn & the horn worked fine then i started to sweat just sitting out there so I thought to myself "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING SITTING IN MY YARD INSTEAD OF RIDING IN THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER...." so put it all back together & took off for 3 hours around queens and a bit of Brooklyn... finally get home and chatting with my wife she ask about the horn and I told her i stopped working on it to ride around so no progress & she presses it & lo & behold the F***er honked...lol.. now it's fine..lol...

Will clean chain & lube and hope to finally do inspect tomorrow...

Comment

• Got new keys cut and started it!

Comment

• Installed my LED Blinker relay and started to rewire the plate lightsusing a connection cit from vintage connections!

Also got the the mesh mod done on half the body.

Still waiting on some cowl bolts from Susuki before i cant put her together!

Comment

Working...
                                X