No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the coil voltage mod and went from 11.70 to 12.40 so a little gain and seems to help the ways she runs a little, but that was with the petcock vac line unplugged and the tps unplugged so hopefully with everything back on she will be right as rain.

Comment

• new shiny chrome grips! and adjusted speedo cable!!!

swaped in new tinted vison .. all black sexy helmet!!! lmAO
      Its not that i don't care... wait , that's exactly what is!!

Comment

• Replaced the solenoid on the Pre, patched up some scratched paint on the wife's Pazzo on the Post Kat.
        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Hooked up a halogen headlight to my sexy new hacked ATX power supply, took lux measurements and marked low-beam cutoff point on the garage door. Took a couple photos for the worklog. Set up the single HID I've been running, turned on the power supply and...

Not enough juice. Rats! I need a stable power supply that'll handle the dual HIDs I just finished squeezing into a pre headlight housing. I'd rather not rely on the battery. May have to see if I can find a higher wattage power supply and hack it.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Checked valve clearances (no adjustment needed), hosed out the pilot jets (partially clogged from the winter), beefed up the HID wiring harness as well as adding a second power feed for the dual setup and had to cut a gasket to replace the ignition cover gasket that self-destructed on disassembly. That thing had to be the original. I don't think I've ever run into a drier, more stuck on gasket ever. Plugs look good and everything's tight.

I was hoping to have everything buttoned up tonight and ready to ride but the throttle cable adjustment, run-up and carb sync is just going to have to wait for the morning. I'm going to borrow the battery from my Mustang to test the HID setup and take lux readings. That can be on the charger to be sure it's 100% while I'm finishing the bike and as soon as I'm done testing the lights they go on the bike and I go for a ride. Right now it's bourbon-thirty.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Started to put parts back on the freshly painted skeleton. Waiting on parts to fix the oil tubes leakage.

Comment

• Got the tune up finished, tested the dual HID setup and got it installed.
                Upgraded the headlight wiring to provide power to the HIDs.
                Cleaned the rear brake pads and applied anti-squeal. (Rear was squeaking on me.)
                Checked tire pressures.
                Took her for a bit of a tear.
                Bike's buttoned back up and good to go!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• So far today I prepared with a nice cup of tea so I could be relaxed when I went outside and had to cuss and swear at the kat

Comment

• Cut the fender off!!!!!Hated that thing hangin down!!Did some bondo work on the fairings.

Comment

• So far I yelled at it and kicked it cause it wouldn't start
                      1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

• Repainted the grab bar on Peachie's '04 Kat. Still have to make it over to Cheriff's place to pick up the HEL's and install them on her bike.
                        sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                        2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                        2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

• Working on (temporarily) putting stock rear fender tail light and etc. back on so I can get her through inspection again. But, I can leave the two brothers exhaust on because Delaware stopped checking the decibel level!
                          2001 GSX600F Katana

Comment

• I actually managed to get my Kat out of the garage and took her for a little spin today! That is almost unheard of for March in Vermont. I was also amazed that she fired right up after I forgot to put the battery tender on over the winter (thankfully it was a mild winter as well).

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
                            My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

• Rode her!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Took her to work and took the long way home... Also verified the speedo against a GPS. 2.5 miles off at 55 and 4.5 at 80. Not too bad. I think it may be actually more accurate than it was before I changed the front end...
                                "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Working...
                                X