What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Kat out for an hour again today

Comment

• installed freshly rebuilt and painted forks, freshly painted top triple tree and risers. Have to get some hardware after work tomorrow and I'll put the front wheel and brakes back on

Comment

• rode N Ga mtns for hours
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Got the RF600 wheel, new sprockets and chain installed. 72-94 lb-ft set at the factory translates to "use an impact to break that puppy free"!
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Spent the last week at work on lunch, cleaning my carbs. I have a gallon can of berryman's carb dip so each day I would dip a carb for 24 hours and rinse and blow the carb out/off with an air hose. Things were going smooth until I drilled out the a/f mix screw plugs. The screws were very tough to take out. And upon trying to put them back in, they would not go in straight and they kept cross threading. 2 carbs are perfect, their screws went in like nothing. The other two I had to work to get them back in and I still only got the third one in. I need to go buy a tap so I can try to save the threads on the last one because I tried 3 screws from another set of carbs and those screws are trash now. There is something wrong half way down them threads on the last one.
            today I'm out to find a tap.
            Last edited by 600toStart; 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM.
            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Took her out for a spin after about a month of not riding, thought carbs would be all sorts of gross so got a friend to help teach and show me how to clean them. Turns out only thing I need is a battery lol had to jump it but idled just fine and ran just as smooth as last time she was mounted. These things are crazy reliable!!

Comment

• Started fairing repairs over the weekend. Decided on purchasing a soldering kit from Lowe's for $20 and using ABS plastic off of my old fender as filler. Practiced on the old fender a few times and was really pleased with the results. Now it's on to the larger fairing pieces. There's nothing like a small sense of accomplishment to start the week!

Comment

• Sandblasted rearsets, shifter, and rear brake arm a few minutes ago. Painted swingarm, rear wheel, and all of the components that go along with it last night.
                  If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

• finally find my oil leak, it was a very small tear in the signal gasket. I'm sure you all know how it goes. I started looking for the leak now I have every torn off for cleaning. That never ends !
                    2003 Katana 750F
                    1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• Rode my Kat for the second time since i got her. purrs like a kitten:P practicing my slow turns. anybody tell me the exact location and or diagram of where the idle screw is located? because she is a bit low on the rpms after warm up.

Comment

• Picked up clear front turn signals... i hate the orange ones... looks awful

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
                          Picked up clear front turn signals... i hate the orange ones... looks awful
                          I did the same, front and back. the orange really didn't fit in the overall color scheme. I'd recommend a tinted screen too. Mine's a Lockhart Philips, smoke.

...but what did I do to it?...checked the battery...full charge still. All good. If this weather keeps it up, I should be pulling her out in March
                          2004 GSX750F

Comment

• odo hit 14004, rolled over my first thousand miles
                            2001 GSX600F

Comment

• ODO hit 5000 mile during my ride to Mobile...
                              2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• got it runing and tuned. Put back together and decided I'm not keeping it. Don't like the riding position
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X