No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rode it! About 930 kms (or 580 miles). Great roads and awesome scenery - worth the sore butt!

Maps of Australian cities, towns and travel destinations with driving directions and traveller information. Use Whereis® Maps and start your journey.

Comment

• I treated myself to a little post-Christmas splurge...nobody tell my wife!
      1. Carb tune up.
      2. I sent off my wheels (goodbye 95 Kat purple!), bar ends and triple to be powder coated. I know it would have been a great do-it-myself project, but I chose to have someone with experience do it for me.
      3. Purchased flush mount turn signals to replace front signals.
      4. Purchased braided brake line.
      5. Purchased new Pro Grips.
      6. Received my Suzuki "S" emblem to put on sides of tank after I have completed the repainting of the bike project.
      I am giddy as a kid on Christmas morning waiting to start my make over. I will post pics this weekend of the original Kat condition. Woo-Hoo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JaMay007 View Post
        I treated myself to a little post-Christmas splurge...nobody tell my wife!!!
        Hope she can't read! or at best doesn't know you have this acct.

Either way, I got my carbs cleaned and new seal set installed. Waiting on dude to finish my forks so I can put it all the way back together! Body's all primed and ready to be painted
        UPDATE: Dropd the plastics off at the paint shop and picked up the swingarm from powder coater. Will post pix as soon as I get it back together
        Last edited by stretched600; 01-06-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• I can't believe it is the middle of January almost here in Cleveland, OH. and today it is 49 degrees and sunny. Looks like I'll be out and about on the bike today!
          Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Here in cali it's getting back up into the 80's/90's already.
            Kind of glad too, I was getting sick of commuting 18 degree mornings and 50 degree afternoons.
            '88 GSX1100F, '89 GSX1100F No engine atm, '92 GSX1100F

Comment

• Yea... I just looked at the current weather, and it is actually showing 55 and sunny out right now.... holy crap!
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Finally got my heated gloves back from repair last night, and now, really don't need them for THESE temps.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

• i rode mine today... washed it, then put it away until tomorrow.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

• sneak peek

well havent done any work to her in months and walked iinto this hopeing to get something done but only got mesh mod fitted. all is well, its still early in the year
                    Attached Files
                    i baby my kat even if it does have nine lives

Comment

• Originally posted by Apok View Post
                      Here in cali it's getting back up into the 80's/90's already.
                      Kind of glad too, I was getting sick of commuting 18 degree mornings and 50 degree afternoons.
                      Thats the one thing about season change I hate. The ride to and from work is teeth chattering cold,while the afternoon is nice and pleasent - while Im working. I cant wait for late spring/summer

Today I put the Kat back on the back patio...short ride around the block to my yard. Put cover on and gave him a big thumbs up. When the next warm spell comes along I will yank the cover and do it all over again
                      Last edited by etdorsett; 01-08-2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Rode to the gym and back. Not too far, but better than not riding. Then I got to disassemble the tail so I could get to pull my seat lock cable. Aparently I had too many extra tools and bungie straps. They were in the way so the cable couldn't pull the release.
                        A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

• Always a great ride up to Virginia City Nv, even better in January. It was 36 degrees up there today. Very cold, sunny and fun
                          Last edited by Fastymz; 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM.
                          2003 Katana 750F
                          1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• clutch line

Removed the hydraulic clutch line and ordered a new one. Also baught an Abba bike stand since the previous owner removed the center stand.

Comment

• I think that finally the bike is now officially going to be put away for winter this weekend... next week looks like snow is on the way... and the temps look like they're into the 20's
                              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Removed fairings to prep for paint, installed HID bulbs,
                                If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

Working...
                                X