No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow has now officially set in.... woke up today to 2inches and a ton of freezing ice and rain. Probably going to have to store the bike away now... Tears....
    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Weather was dry this morning, and winds have subsided to make the morning commute tolerable, compared to last nights' pelting rain and wind gusts to make the slog home interesting.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

• Got my frame and swingarm stripped down and ready to prime...waiting on some ebay parts to start reassembly but paint first

Comment

• I removed the stock exhaust and replaced it with a Two Brothers M2. It looks great and sound even better. Thank you Santa.

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
            I removed the stock exhaust and replaced it with a Two Brothers M2. It looks great and sound even better. Thank you Santa.

nice improvement,

Comment

• finally

I started a coil relay mod and installing an airhorn... i initially hooked it up exactly according to the pictures seen on KR and it worked amazing... so what did i do then... decided to go to best buy and but a "professional looking" plug.... everything went smooth till i hooked the ground to the ground side of the stupid solenoid... then nothing would work.. horn relay didn't work.. ignition relay nothing... went crazyyyyy trying to figure it out... then by accident i decided to ground the relays to a diff spot.. whammo.. works great... smoothest i've ever felt... now to take my tank to get electrolysis/sealed and rebuild (or buy from arsenic already rebuilt) carbs again....

Comment

• The weather was cold high was 47 but sunny so I took it for a long ride today.
                2003 Katana 750F
                1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• I used my Contour Roam camera for the first time. I mounted it to the right rear foot peg. It turned out okay, but the horizon was off a little.
                  2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• Did ok on the Christmas Day ride, it was about 4 deg celcius

It is suppose to the same temp for New Years Day.
                    Hey if its clear why not a Jan 1 2012 ride.

damifino
                    94' Kat 600, 2004 Dakota, 2007 Freestyle
                    "Less is more"

Comment

• converted to an 03+ tail, electronic turn signal flasher, fender elmination
                      sigpic

Comment

• considering powder coating instead of paint...must wait til after work tomorrow for price difference

Comment

• was chasing down why my left turn indicator in the dash didn't consistently work, finally figured out the PO had spliced in a new connector to the dash using the cheapes crimp connecters he could get, the turn signal wire was loose. Just pulled it all apart, soldered and heat shrinked them all and all is now good. PO that worked on it was 3 owners ago, last two thought they would have a good project to work on and never worked on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• After procrastinating and letting it sit for months, I went investigating why the Pre has never run right and has had increasing pinging since the last "professional" carb service. Found slides 2 and 4 jammed and not opening on misaligned springs, A/F screw settings all over the place and damaged Air Box boots. Corrected everything (temporarily with the boots) and took it for a punishing blast. Possibly a steering head bearing issue??? and will need to get new boots, but in terms of performance, the "Black Pearl" is back!

Comment

• New sprockets and chain arrived today. At least I'll have something to do with this lousy weather..
                              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Finding it hard to pinpoint what oil filter and spark plugs I should use when I service the bike next. Also dreading the upcoming fuel purge due to the bike sitting for 5 months without being started. My fault on that one.
                                I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                                -Unholy m-
                                Current project: Un-Katchable
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X