No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the new clutch pack installed. Letting the oil settle now before I crank her up. Probably won't have a chance to test ride her tomorrow since I've got to work (dress clothes and a bike aren't a good mix) and the evening's gone to the Boy Scouts. Come on Tuesday!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Finished! Finally...I finished painting a reassembling the fairing, installed new mirrors with LED turnsignals, new double bubble windscreen, re-connected LED under-lighting, changed oil etc. It is now ready to ride!!!

Comment

• Pushed it out of the garage so I could work on the wife's SV..
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• I took mine for a rip up and down the street 2x...

it felt great!!

i blew out my back and have been out of commission for the last 3 weeks, god was kind to me today for 10 minutes!!

Comment

• I bought another one so i could fix the one i have. So now i'll have 3 bikes. an 04 katana 600, an 01 katana 750 and an 03 honda 954rr

Comment

• So Bill.... how'd she ride?
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Rode her to work, enjoying realy nice day here in Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by houstonrider View Post
                  Rode her to work, enjoying realy nice day here in Houston.
                  It was a fantastic 32 degrees out here today in Cleveland.
                  Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
                    So Bill.... how'd she ride?
                    She didn't. Tuesday I got to go home from work early to fill out the police report after my 12 year-old ran away. (The cops found him and brought him back. Not sure if that's a good thing right now...) Wednesday I got to spend half the afternoon in his principal's office hearing all about his behavior at school and then go back to the office to try to get caught up. Yesterday it was raining and nasty and it was well after dark before I got home tonight. I don't think she's going to strand me again but on the off chance she does I'd rather be pushing in daylight. It's been one more week in the life.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow...

Test rode her today. Grand total of 200 yards. The clutch still won't engage, even with brand new disks. The basket was in great shape, no burrs at all. I didn't replace the springs but they're well within specs. I guess it's time to look at the push rod (perfect condition last time I looked at it) and slave cylinder. I just rebuilt the slave and master cylinder in September. Maybe I mucked something up? Have to see if the slave is returning smoothly or not. Wish I had one of those fiber bore scopes so I could watch it in action.
                    Last edited by Wild-Bill; 11-19-2011, 06:46 PM.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Well good luck to you sir... on both the kid and the bike. Not sure which to deal with first... lol.
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Thanks. Got the bike working yesterday. (Posted details in my "Clutch won't engage" thread.) Just in time for it to start raining all week...

Now I've got to get the grip warmers installed!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• So, where is said thread? I've looked here, the 1100 section, the Mechanics section, the Mods section. No can find and curiosity has a strangle hold on this kat.

Comment

• Sorry, it was "Clutch suddenly slipping", in the Mechanics 101 section.
                            Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                            From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                            this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Thanks Bill!

Comment

• glad to hear its running!

On a side note, I just installed my new red rim stripes tonight.... they came out amazing! Zero bubbles and perfect arc all the way around.
                                Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
                                X