No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my keys and only have one key to my bike. Somehow I dropped them in the grass. Took about 2 hours to retrace my steps and find them. As soon as i did I went straight to the dealership and had a spare cut.

Also ordered an R6 shock.

Comment

• Fogged the carbs with sea foam, the afterfire is now gone and the idle has smoothed out. Changed the oil and painted the right fairing.

Comment

• Installed an R6 shock. Havn't had a chance to ride with it yet but I can already tell a big improvement

Comment

• took off the fairings, threw a chain and a battery in. Tried to start it for the first time since picking it up from a seller in indy. He started it when we bought it. Starter wore the battery out after multiple attempts. Tried to push start, no-go. Think its the plugs or the f-ed up choke cable that won't stay in the full choke without holding it.

just read the troubleshooting guide to see where to start.

Comment

• You'll need at least some charge on the battery even for push starting. For troubleshooting purposes you can jump start the bike from a car battery with the car's engine OFF. (Don't want to cook the bike's electricals with too much current.) The choke lever not wanting to stay put may be just as simple as tightening the screws holding the switch housing on the left bar.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I ordered new black spike grips & levers. Also 15 tooth front sprocket and 47 rear and a fork seal kit lol stretch comin soon

Comment

• parked it at work.
                "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

• 600 kats are girls bikes

I have a 1993 1100 kat for sale . mint cond. 20,000 miles new tires, chain and spockets,battery,brakes all fluids changed.$4000. I am a suzuki mech.for the past 35 years

Comment

• Originally posted by rothem View Post
                    I have a 1993 1100 kat for sale . mint cond. 20,000 miles new tires, chain and spockets,battery,brakes all fluids changed.$4000. I am a suzuki mech.for the past 35 years
                    This isn't the classifieds section? Way to insult everyone who rides a smaller bike too. While I'm at it, you're way overpriced.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                      This isn't the classifieds section? Way to insult everyone who rides a smaller lesser bike too. While I'm at it, you're way overpriced.
                      Fixed that for ya.

But yeah, way overpriced.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Finished the body work including fiberglassing and sanding. Almost finished priming for paint. Still deciding what color I'm going to paint the wheels and assessory parts. Pulled the top triple and clutch/throttle assys. Going to sand blast them on Monday. I'm excited for the outcome.

Comment

• Last night figured 1 Kat was not enough so drove 8 hours to pick up another 1100!!! Today I am going to enjoy this last day of sunshine here in Ohio and get on the street for a while and then spend the night cleaning up and hooking up battery tender and feeling sad..... lol
                          1988 Kat 1100
                          1992 Kat 1100

Comment

• heated grips

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                            I second this question. Those would have come in handy when I rode two days ago in -12 Celsius weather!
                            I have oxford heated grips, not sure how easy they are to get hold of in the US but they are about £50 I think, would definitely recommend them.

Comment

• I decided today is the last ride of the season. Couple of us rode to a place called "High Rock" near BlueRidge Summit,PA. Great views of the valley below and a favorite place for hang gliders to launch on the warmer months.
                              Attached Files
                              Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

• Hang gliding would be sweet!! My dad used to do it when I was little. I still have the kite but am afraid it wouldn't be flight worthy now.

I got my kat running today. Put a freshly charged battery on it and it cranked right up. Got alot of stuff to tune up on it but I'm sure I'll be able to do it no prob with the info on this site!
                                Last edited by Rollo; 11-13-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X