No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent $300 on a new chain and sprockets an it rides like new can't stop riding it
    Freddieboy

Comment

• I replaced left engine cover with an NRC cover fixing the previous cracked one. And also redid the gasket on right cover to fix the oil leak.

Comment

• I added a tank pad and new wind screen

Comment

• bought a new battery...one step closer to having it ready to ride.

Comment

• Got back from a bachelor party and rode her on halloween. Heading out to a security ops then my sisters wedding so wont be able to ride her for 2 weeks

Comment

• Rode the katana around the neighborhood for about 20 min with fuel stabilizer in the tank to get it to the carbs.... washed it, waxed it, lubed the clutch/brake/gas lines, cleaned and degreased the chain then re-lubed it, pulled the battery out, then put her up on stands, put the cover over her and stored her for winter.
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• A sad day.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  A sad day.

Well at least I'm properly putting her away for winter and not just setting her in a corner and saying "hope you run again when winter's over".... lol

She got a princess treatment.
                  Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• plastic work

working on plastic repair following the the repair info here on katriders. Notice the right fairing is missing the upper portion of the fairing from the mirror to the windscreen. The Previous owner laid the bike down and busted up the fairings. Pieces were missing. I got creative and used a roto zip to cut some replacement pieces out of a trash can lid (the blue parts). I also attached the repaired right fairing after I primed it. Keep in mind this was my first attempt at this kind of repair and I just followed the plastics repair thread on this site! Gotta love this site! I will post more pics as I go.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kc5qdf; 11-06-2011, 12:21 AM. Reason: attach pics

Comment

• Originally posted by kc5qdf View Post
                      working on plastic repair following the the repair info here on katriders. Notice the right fairing is missing the upper portion of the fairing from the mirror to the windscreen. The Previous owner laid the bike down and busted up the fairings. Pieces were missing. I got creative and used a roto zip to cut some replacement pieces out of a trash can lid (the blue parts). I also attached the repaired right fairing after I primed it. Keep in mind this was my first attempt at this kind of repair and I just followed the plastics repair thread on this site! Gotta love this site! I will post more pics as I go.
                      Nice work.

Well I chopped up the frame on my 89. Making some fiberglass pieces and installing heated grips on my 05.
                      Last edited by hinow41; 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                      1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                      Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• Fixed my messup from droping her last night

Sanded and re-painted my tank and fairings
                        Spot welded the steering stops so my handlebars couldnt hit the tank again.
                        Finished wrapping my exhaust
                        Wire brushed my exhaust can to clean it up and give it a brushed look

Comment

• I looked it's replacement...a 93 600 without any plastics...Plus side is chrome wheels and 4-1 header...negative is buying all the stuff all over again I jus bought for the old one like grips, levers, stretch, gears, seats, gascap etc. Either way, still be right back where I started needing a paint job after its done lol Looking at a 92 1100 motor real hard...trying to see how hard the accessories are to dig up before I buy so I don't screw myself. Wish me luck!

Comment

• Stored my bike for the winter yesterday. Thank god I did, cause it snowed like it was Christmas here!

It was really cold riding all the way to the storage. Couldn't feel my hands after that ride!
                            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                            - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
                              Nice work.

Well I chopped up the frame on my 89. Making some fiberglass pieces and installing heated grips on my 05.

Sounds nice...Heated grips? Where did you get them?

Comment

• actually rode it all weekend for a "test" ride!! been way too long....
                                "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Working...
                                X