What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered it for another 12 months.

Comment

• Took off the big ugly license plate piece with the inspection sitcker. Shorten it up alittle to look better

Comment

• Originally posted by On1wheel01 View Post
        Well here is a pic of the powder coating I did looks killer I think
        looks really nice, good job

i tightened and lubed my new chain, need to fix oil leak, anyony selling an oil pan by chance?
        Last edited by 750Katana01; 09-25-2011, 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Started it to feel my freshly oiled throttle cables. And realized i left the oil cap off from checking it for fuel....
          "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

• tore it all apart to get to the carbs so i can clean then and fix them up a little bit and to also adjust the throttle a little bit and clean up the engine.

Comment

• Dropped it in my truck and busted the right front signal lens. OUCH.
              "Teach a man correct principles and let him govern himself."

Comment

• After getting my last seized bolt out of the valve cover (yay!), picked up it's replacement and finished prepping my exhaust headers for painting.
                My country is the world...... my religion is to do good.

Comment

• looked at the tool kit for the first time..
                  "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

• had a wire short and burnt all the wires going to the tail. a soldering gun and 6hrs later i'm back on the road.
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• removed the wheels to take them in to have new tires mounted "off the bike" it's cheaper and I like working on my own bike, but I don't change my own tires

Comment

• just got it back from having the chain and sprockets changed, plus bunch of bolts and random little things.. still having a problem with it popping on me, plus shuts off when i pull the clutch rolling up to a light.. thinking i need to change air filter and fuel filter?

Comment

• Popping is lean condition. Fuel filter maybe, if it's a Pre it shouldn't have a fuel filter. Are your A/F screws at 2.5 turns out?

Comment

• its a post (2k4) so would have the filter, and found the part number.. I have no idea about the A/F screws, can you/someone PM me with basic instructions how to check that and adjust if need be? my first bike and really haven't tinkered with it much.

shop that did the chain and sprockets also set engine rpm, checked and adjust carbs synch, check fuel flow, clean spark plugs (right from my service report)

going to the local suzuki place tomorrow to order fuel filter and oem air filter i guess

Comment

• Originally posted by gyro View Post
                              its a post (2k4) so would have the filter, and found the part number.. I have no idea about the A/F screws, can you/someone PM me with basic instructions how to check that and adjust if need be? my first bike and really haven't tinkered with it much.

shop that did the chain and sprockets also set engine rpm, checked and adjust carbs synch, check fuel flow, clean spark plugs (right from my service report)

going to the local suzuki place tomorrow to order fuel filter and oem air filter i guess
                              Uh, if the shop did all that, take it back and make them fix it right. They didn't do it right.

Also, no need for PM's. We have a katana Wiki here with all the info you'll ever need. Just have to look a bit.

Comment

• Painted the exhaust, made it look brand new again, and gave her a wash...
                                BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comment

Working...
                                X