What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a hugger for her.

Comment

• Pulled the carbs and re installed the pilot jet in #2.
      Adjusted the tension and lubed the chain.
      De greased the engine.

Comment

• Finally got the Bandit 1200 exhaust installed!

I was having trouble getting the header to seal up at the head. The collector was grounding too hard against the oil pan and the pipes were getting cocked relative to the exhaust ports. I took the whole system apart again this evening and beat the crap out of the collector. It's on and the leaks are sealed up. Took some major prying to get the can on and out far enough to clear the axle. Final bit was done with a 2' tire iron braced against the centerstand mount! Hopefully with a few heat/cool cycles the system will settle into the new shape.

If anyone wants to know, the Bandit 1200 header is NOT a quick bolt-on to an 1100 Kat. It works, but only with the help of a BFH. (Big Freakin' Hammer)

The Bandit can is enormous. I was just looking at mreedohio's Wileyco exhaust and it definitely looks better. I may be looking to do something similar with a Yoshi (my favorite sounding exhaust) eventually. For now though, I need to get this beast out of the garage for a bit. Mods are fun and all but there's gotta be time to ride.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Oil/filter change.
          Washed and re-installed the covers and fairings.
          Short test ride.

Comment

• rode it and lost the r/h rear footrest ??

Comment

• super cleaned the chain and lubed it good. letting it set while at work."dam dirt road "
              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Got done watching transformers with my buddy and got on the Kat and went to take off and no headlights. Had issues with it before and it was the switch. So of course you dont get a tool kit with a $200 dollar canatuna so I had to ride to the closest store that was open about 1/2 mile away with no headlight to buy a screwdriver. Proceeded to tear apart the switch rip off the wires and hard wire my lights on. No electrical tape so i poked a hole in an ear plug and put it over the exposed wires. Then rode home... Fun night huh??

Comment

• Rotated my tires.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Put a 10 piece purple led kit from LEDGlow.com, but I blew the in-line fuse when I placed the last string of lights;( and now it's too late to go buy a new one! fml...

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                      Rotated my tires.
                      You don't have to do that on a bike, dummy! Just rotate the air every once in a while when you change the blinker fluid.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Rode it to a friend's house to work on a movie, bout 45 minutes each way... damn I love riding it.

Comment

• Pretty shiny wheels are pretty and shiny...

Comment

• Originally posted by houstonrider View Post
                            Rode it to a friend's house to work on a movie, bout 45 minutes each way... damn I love riding it.

That's what she said

Comment

• Rode Her 300 miles
                              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                                You don't have to do that on a bike, dummy! Just rotate the air every once in a while when you change the blinker fluid.
                                Ive posted that in this thread quite a few times and you are the first to notice.
                                Originally posted by arsenic
                                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X