No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went riding with this soon to be motorcycle club. Was fun. Saw another kat rider there. Not a member of the forum. He bought the bike a week or so ago.
    "...Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams" W.B. Yeats

Comment

• Changed oil again...

Comment

• i did 100 mph every strate away i could find

Comment

• Took carbs off, and all the flairins waiting to get the front fender off. Then getting ready for paint. Took carbs apart and began cleaning them. Ripped exhaust off and decided to try the Poor mans exhaust.. just gotta wait to get the carbs back together.
          04 SRT-4 with toys / 00 Katana 600 / 67 Mustang-Sold/ 88 Mustang-Sold / 92 Mustang-Sold / 97 Mustang-Traded

Comment

• Another rainy day here on the Cape Soo I finally got around to finish doing my Vortex clip-ons . I never removed the OEM bars and replaced them with the clip-ons . The clip-ons are so light compared to the OEM and with no bar weights . I will find out if I like them 2 morrow . When the weather gets nicer . I hope they aren't too vibey. OH yea I also replaced the grips with some I got FREE with Fast Bikes Mag. a cpl years back

sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

• Rode 3hrs today , finally , bars are a lil more vibey , but not bad @ all
              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• .??????

Originally posted by waveman View Post
                Another rainy day here on the Cape Soo I finally got around to finish doing my Vortex clip-ons . I never removed the OEM bars and replaced them with the clip-ons . The clip-ons are so light compared to the OEM and with no bar weights . I will find out if I like them 2 morrow . When the weather gets nicer . I hope they aren't too vibey. OH yea I also replaced the grips with some I got FREE with Fast Bikes Mag. a cpl years back

Where did you get the carbon fiber around your gauges and at the top of the forks? Is that a kit? If it is, where did you get it from? Please give me as much info about this as you can, including price and labor involved. Please let me know. It will be much appreciated. Thanks.
                "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

• I purchased the CF for the gauge cluster from :http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_motorbikes.html

/ I purchased the carbon fiber from : http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=3#
                  and I purchased all the bolt hardware from my local hardware store : polished ss cap bolts etc. / clear silicon to help seat the CF on the yoke along with the bolts / washers . Since my bike is a 750 and I needed to remove the OEM bar risers so that I could install the Vortex clip-ons
                  Last edited by waveman; 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  sigpic

Comment

• Rode down to a local bike nite bout an hour and a half away...was an awesome turn out!!! Many different types of bikes...1st time seeing a 26 inch wheel on a motorcycle
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Discovered that my petcock has been the culprit of my many woes. Ordered a new one so my bike will be happy again.
                      --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                      --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• Originally posted by waveman View Post
                        I purchased the CF for the gauge cluster from :http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/fl_motorbikes.html

/ I purchased the carbon fiber from : http://dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=3#
                        and I purchased all the bolt hardware from my local hardware store : polished ss cap bolts etc. / clear silicon to help seat the CF on the yoke along with the bolts / washers . Since my bike is a 750 and I needed to remove the OEM bar risers so that I could install the Vortex clip-ons
                        How much was the gauge cluster?
                        "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                        "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

• I dont remember
                          sigpic

Comment

• Yesterday..

Slapped my carbs back on to see if she fires. First I noticed the petcock leaking from the part that is screwed together. The screws were loose so i blue lock tighted them. Then i noticed the #3 carb was leaking gas and made a note to fix the float height.
                            Then she cranked and cranked and cranked. Wondering if I even have spark I busted out my nifty little spark identifier. Nothing while cranking. I started my car to check the tool.. Nothing for 10 seconds then the tools lights up, even a few inches from the wires it was lighting off my car, so the tool works. Back to my bike with it and still nothing. Then a few indications of spark and then nothing.
                            Guess i better start the adventure of finding sparky.
                            I've been wanting to do the coil wiring mod to achieve full battery voltage at the coils but havent done it yet. I also need to find the correct spark plugs cuz they aren't the stock ones in the computer and i have yet to even change them while in my ownership.
                            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Finished my hydro clutch and added my new battery and tested my GPI unit this morning on the ride to work..

http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• I rode mine up and down my driveway to get a feel for the bike

Comment

Working...
                                X