No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealership, pretty much only place you can get them. about 20 a peice.
    i didnt check bike bandit though.

Comment

• cleaned and lubed the chain with lithium. dust bowl in texas. anyone seen the rain send it my way.
      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• We've been getting plenty in NJ. You're welcome to it.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• New tyre - ContiMotion 160/60/17
          Took bike for MoT, "UK road test", past ok with some notes, mainly slight wear on brake discs, but hey happy with that.
          I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly.

Comment

• Well, after finally getting around to take the driving test here and passing it first try, I decided I should switch out my rear brake pads and get around to painting and installing the little oil filler cover (my cheap spray paint was almost a perfect match to my bike, couldn't be happier)

Comment

• Originally posted by JAKa55 View Post
              This is a few days old, but on Sunday I put 400 miles on my Katana driving around Kansas with my wife (who was on her Ninja). Truth be told it was not an awful ride, but I am really looking forward to my Corbin Saddle coming in!
              i have a corbin on my 98 kat, and i love it. my buddies that have kats are way to jealous. when my neighbor goes on rides with his wife on his he always stops over and asks if they can borrow it for his 03 kat lol
              -objects in mirror are losing- ---- ---- ----

-98 GSXF 750 Kat-

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmillz View Post
                i have a corbin on my 98 kat, and i love it. my buddies that have kats are way to jealous. when my neighbor goes on rides with his wife on his he always stops over and asks if they can borrow it for his 03 kat lol
                Thats encouraging after the day I just had dealing with Corbin. (They sent me the wrong seat and insisted it was my fault.)

Comment

• I'm on day two of cleaning out the rust in the tank by electrolysis. Checked the rod at the shop after starting yesterday and pretty good amount of rust on it, drained water/sodium biocarbonate mix, very rusty. Sprayed fluid film in tank to eat some rust then put pressure washer inside tank and sprayed with hot, high pressure water, more rust came out. Refilled tank with the mix and stuck charged rod back in. Took off carbs to clean AGAIN as I'm a jack *** and put rusty gas through them after just cleaning them. Sanded left ferring to get ready for paint, she is going Gun Metal Grey.
                  It's fun to play with your toys

Comment

Thats encouraging after the day I just had dealing with Corbin. (They sent me the wrong seat and insisted it was my fault.)
                    wow im sorry to hear that, so they got it all straight? after u get it and ride on it your butt is gonna fall in love with it haha. i have a temperpedic mattress that i sleep on. when i sit on my corbin thats what it reminds me of that im sitting on is my bed haha
                    -objects in mirror are losing- ---- ---- ----

-98 GSXF 750 Kat-

Comment

I got a Corbin used (from Pitboss) and love it. Just got it on a few weeks ago. Also did the spring clean & installed new leo vince can. Carbs are all gummed up though, not looking forward to that project.
                      sigpic
                      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Got a new battery and put it in.

Comment

• i bought those new tires online from motorcyclesuperstore for 150 and the dealer near me changes 120 to put them on... or free if you buy them through them... quoted me 215 installed...

i need to get my front fork seals done and prob carbs cleaned again... i need a newer kat i think!
                          FunEMT
                          2000 Katana 600

Comment

• Mounted the tach.
                            Replaced the clutch cover screws with stainless.
                            Made new rear tank mountings.
                            Put the body work on.

Comment

• installed the new rear tire

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmillz View Post
                                wow im sorry to hear that, so they got it all straight? after u get it and ride on it your butt is gonna fall in love with it haha.
                                That's what I hear, and that's the only reason that I am still sticking working with them to get the right one. Otherwise I would tell them where they could stick their "saddle"...

For now it seems that they will straighten it out, but I am not in the clear yet. I do not have the right seat/saddle yet, until its on my bike and I am riding my happy a55 down the highway, I am not going to consider this completely straightened out. So far they have just given me a RMA number and the promise of an email with shipping information.

Comment

Working...
                                X